Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Do you think marijuana (for recreational usage) should be legal? Why or why not?
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#775751)

it should be illegal because I said so and what I say goes
says fuzala on May 28th 14 (#1972417)
Reply | -1 | 0

Substantial argument by fuz
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972418)
Reply | 0 | 0

Substantial argument by fuz
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972419)
Reply | 0 | 0

Substantial argument by fuz
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972420)
Reply | 0 | 0

Substantial argument by fuz
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972421)
Reply | 0 | 0

Substantial argument by fuz
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972422)
Reply | 0 | 0

haha thank you but seriously I think any drugs used for "fun" only (pills, cigars, alcohol) should be illegal and maybe instead of jail time the users have to pay a fine and those that can't afford have to devote time to community service
says fuzala on May 28th 14 (#1972425)
Reply | 0 | 0

I can respect that opinion. So many don't include alcohol as a drug. Gladly you did. Kudos to you.
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972428)
Reply | 0 | 0

some don't include alcohol as a drug because the idea that they also do drugs is preposterous "I don't do drugs! I don't smoke anything. I just drink" they tell you alcohol is a drug in health class
says fuzala on May 28th 14 (#1972431)
Reply | 0 | 0

Some people try to deceive themselves. *shrug*
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972434)
Reply | 0 | 0

who are you kidding? we all do that (hehe)
says fuzala on May 28th 14 (#1972438)
Reply | +1 | 0

Well I mean in this case. But idk. Maybe there's a person out there who truly doesn't deceive him/herself
says JohnJillky on May 28th 14 (#1972440)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't see why things that hardly affect anyone else should be illegal. I don't understand this obsession with what things people are and aren't allowed to do with their own bodies. People are just like, "No **, no pot, no alcohol!" Who the ** cares?
says Sobriquet on Oct 1st 14 (#1985108)
Reply | +1 | 2

Well they harm their bodies and the rest of us pitch in to help them pay for the damages I don't mind helping people out at all but I feel taken advantage of when it's for those who purposely hurt themselves
says fuzala on Oct 1st 14 (#1985114)
Reply | 0 | 0

I find that quite fascinating. What studies are you basing this on? As a class one narcotic, no Federal agency has been allowed to do any research. Where exactly are your facts as far as the proposed potential harm from marijuana coming from?
says DW2 on Oct 1st 14 (#1985116)
Reply | 0 | 0

uhm this is about recreational drugs in general That's the comment she was replying to And I hear people bickering back and forth whether or not weed is harmful. I error on the side of caution
says fuzala on Oct 1st 14 (#1985117)
Reply | 0 | 0

For the sake of bickering. What if carrots were made illegal? What if several industries found that carrots could cheaply replace what they are already producing? What if lobbyists then pushed lawmakers to not only make carrots illegal, but to then classify them as a substance that should never be studied?
says DW2 on Oct 1st 14 (#1985118)
Reply | 0 | 0

And carrots just so happen to cure cancer loljk
says JohnJillky on Oct 1st 14 (#1985146)
Reply | 0 | 0

yes
says DWF on May 28th 14 (#1972458)
Reply | 0 | 0

If it's not, to be consistent, caffeine and alcohol should be illegal too. Sugar can be considered a drug; its addictive, can cause a high, behavioural changes, withdrawal symptoms, etc. Chocolate contains cocoa... which can do the same things as sugar can. There are many other foods that contain ingredients that can affect behaviour if taken in large enough doses. Instead of banning them we're giving the choice to control our intake. I think that should be the law for all "drugs". The government is not your mother. It shouldn't have to tell you what you can or cannot put in your mouth.
says JimiHendrix on May 28th 14 (#1972467)
Reply | +4 | 2

Not saying right or wrong But do you think heroin, cocaine, and meth should also be legal?
says JohnJillky on May 29th 14 (#1972502)
Reply | 0 | 0

What about what you think? do you think weed should be legalized? what about other drugs? Do you think sugar should be subject to stricter regulation? Why or why not?
says fuzala on May 29th 14 (#1972506)
Reply | 0 | 0

Where in the world did you come from? (Don't answer that). I'd say there are different levels of drugs. Things like sugar and caffeine (Should be legal. Watch intake) Things like weed, alcohol, and tobacco (Should be all legal OR all illegal. If legal, regulate well, age limits, "nutrition facts", etc.) Things like heroin, crack, and meth (Should be illegal. Too dangerous) Maybe there are more levels. Maybe each drug has their own level. But that's how I see it right now.
says JohnJillky on May 29th 14 (#1972510)
Reply | +1 | 0

Why or why not? Basically the different highs and long-term effects (or short-term effects for that matter) of each drug.
says JohnJillky on May 29th 14 (#1972511)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes. Not only is it a waste of resources to fight the drug trade, I don't believe the legal status of it would make any significant difference to the number of users. Btw, sugar can be as addictive as heroin.
says JimiHendrix on May 29th 14 (#1972605)
Reply | +1 | 0

If anything, I definitely think its wrong that people go to prison for only affecting themselves (no one else) with drugs.
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972629)
Reply | 0 | 0

I was listening to a segment on NPR that focused on sugar and how food processors have pretty much put sugar in everything to make people like their food better.
says StickCaveman on May 30th 14 (#1972635)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't think sugar can be as addictive as heroin. I can explain it if you wish.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979596)
Reply | 0 | 0

I stopped smoking marijuana 10 years ago. Really wasn't a big deal. No true withdrawals. I miss it occasionally. If it does ever become legal in my State I'll likely occasionally partake. Stopped using caffeine 6 years ago. Oh my God was that rough! No coffee. No caffeinated sodas. That one produced withdrawals from hell. I never knew just how addicted I'd become. Five years ago I went Vegan for a year, at the same time cutting out as much sugar as possible. My body rebelled on a big level. My blood pressure actually went through the roof requiring daily medication. I drink off and on. I've been a cigarette smoker since I was 13. Quitting for a year here and there. It's always difficult. That is a serious addiction. Though nothing comes close to when I gave up caffeine and sugar.
says DW2 on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979598)
Reply | 0 | 0

I fail to understand your withdrawal effects to caffeine. You probably consumed more than the normal 400mg/day of caffeine. I personally keep switching on and off to coffee (max concentration of 200 mg/day of caffeine), during exams.. I have only experienced very mild withdrawal symptoms. There is some fragile evidence of genetic predisposition to caffeine tolerance. Talking about sugar, I now understand your withdrawal but still don't understand why you should need to completely give up on sugar.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979730)
Reply | 0 | 0

2 pots of coffee a day. For 2 decades. And just another realized addiction.
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979735)
Reply | 0 | 0

Another mess .. Even though small amounts of these are legalised in some way or the other, slightly higher amounts are addictive.. Like caffeine in coffee, and codeine in paracetamol, etc... And even so, How important is the legal status really? There isn't one day drug trafficking stops in this world, and those who supply get caught, and those who derive pleasure/harm only continue being harmed. And we can go on for ages discussing addiction but it is probably difficult for an avarage human like me to grade marijuana and tobacco in terms of health hazards. As for what it looks like to me, marijuana beats tobacco.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979739)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yep it 100% does.
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979741)
Reply | 0 | 0

I actually wrote a paper back in 96. On Marijuana legalization that a Federal judge read before a conference of wealthy land owners in California. I'm actually the creator and founder of the CCLM. Though that is all ancient history now. :)
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979742)
Reply | 0 | 0

Cool
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979748)
Reply | 0 | 0

Pots? How many teaspoons go into that pot?
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979740)
Reply | 0 | 0

Brewed, not instant. I was never that messed up. :)
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979744)
Reply | 0 | 0

Instant coffee has less caffeine than brewed coffee.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979745)
Reply | 0 | 0

Huh.. Really?
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979746)
Reply | 0 | 0

http://cooking.stackexchange.co...-less-caffeine
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979747)
Reply | 0 | 0

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23719144/
says JimiHendrix on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979601)
Reply | +2 | 0

I concur. I had all the neural proof to explain why sugar could not be that addictive, but this research about the evolutionary upregultion of sugar taste receptors is something I was absolutely unversed with. Fine. Sugar can be 8 times as addictive as cocaine. But that doesn't mean cocaine should be legalised. Here's why: We can get addicted to cocaine and to sugar. But what is worse? I wouldn't say sugar because Cocaine has many many adverse effects on our body, that don't compare to the damage that sugar can do limited to obesity and diabetes(which is not caused by lots of sugar but can be worsened by it). Refined sugar activates our reward center due to the upregulation of its receptors on the tongue, but we don't consume refined sugar so often(8 times a day a 0.2% solution of pure saccharin i.e. 300 times sweeter than sucrose, like the rats in the research) , as it is usually combined with other chemicals that definetly dilute its effect on the chemoreceptors. On the other hand cocaine is consumed purely or in combination with some other stimulant( pure, much like the rats in the research:) ) Cocaine is only as (or even more than) ADDICATIVE as sugar which explains that you can derive much more pleasure from sugar. But it is not half as HARMFUL as sugar to the body. -
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979729)
Reply | 0 | 0

I personally liked cocaine a little too much. Being fully aware of my addictive personality I cut that one short. No, I don't think cocaine should be legalized. Though it really is all kinds of fun. I'll maybe buy a gram when I'm 80 and in an old folks home out of boredom and not much to lose. Maybe they will even let me have an antique Nintendo. I'll play F-Zero until they take it away from me. :)
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979732)
Reply | +1 | 0

And you might as well like to add some sugar to your coffee those days. ;)
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979734)
Reply | 0 | 0

Lots of it.
says DW2 on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979736)
Reply | 0 | 0

You got kilt by those 2 lololol
says JohnJillky on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979648)
Reply | 0 | 0

Agree.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979731)
Reply | 0 | 0

Absolutely. Treating drug addiction as criminal behaviour has failed spectacularly. Treating drug addiction as a public health issue would be a lot cheaper.
says MisterH on Jun 28th 15 (#2014242)
Reply | -1 | 0

Yeah, plus criminalization leads people to a society that changes them into real criminals
says JohnJillky on Jun 28th 15 (#2014609)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes. then all the dope heads will sooner or later overdose and we will be rid of them..We have had 5 in the past 6 months around here.
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014286)
Reply | 0 | 0

Most are liberals , so good riddance to bad rubbish
says RobertHoulst on Jun 28th 15 (#2014304)
Reply | 0 | 0

Well, natural selection at its best
says JohnJillky on Jun 28th 15 (#2014608)
Reply | 0 | 0

1) Yes 2) Why not any further questions?
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on May 28th 14 (#1972473)
Reply | +1 | 1

Why "why not?"?
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972630)
Reply | 0 | 0

I thought the choices were: why or why not. I choose "why not". Seriously. Why not?
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on Jun 2nd 14 (#1973022)
Reply | +1 | 0

I'm asking for one to explain why one does or does not think marijuana should or shouldn't be legal?
says JohnJillky on Jun 2nd 14 (#1973026)
Reply | 0 | 0

I guess I am asking why anyone in their right mind would think it should not be? If tobacco, beer, iodine, glue, clorox, gasoline, paint, toilet cleaner, guns, automobiles, molten iron, or any number of substances are legal and people are trusted to use them wisely, what flaming d-bag of an idiot would think marijuana is so different that humans cannot be trusted to be near it? Is it in the category of refined uranium, napalm and mustard gas - too faucking dangerous for civilians to handle? Give me a break! I think we are all adults, if we can be trusted to be alone in a trailer park with a bottle of Everpure, a extra wide tipped indelible marker, and a loaded AK47; we sure as hell can be trusted to be alone in a westside apartments with a dooby.
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on Jun 3rd 14 (#1973029)
Reply | +3 | 2

The logic. I have found it. Merci
says JohnJillky on Jun 3rd 14 (#1973036)
Reply | 0 | 0

It's really complicated and you could ask a doctor of medicine to explain.. How different substances affect different areas of the nervous system, and different systems of the body.. It depends on how adverse its effects are, and the quantities freely available that a drug is classified as legal or illegal.. Its difficult to explain everything, but give me one comparison between something you think should be legal and is illegal, and something else that is legal and should be illegal too.. I can explain one example, at least.
says ZaraZooper on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979597)
Reply | 0 | 0

As history has proven man cannot be trusted with anything..
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014290)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes. DUI laws would apply to those high on weed like they do to drunks. If public safety can be maintained, I don't really care how people choose to screw themselves up.
says perdix on May 29th 14 (#1972621)
Reply | +1 | 0

Agreed.
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972631)
Reply | 0 | 0

DUI.. Driving Under Influence ,, means operating a motor vehicle under the Influence of Drugs, Alcohol, prescription meds. ETC,ETC . doesn't matter the cause, just if one is impaired, they already arrest for it..
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014294)
Reply | 0 | 0

Of course. Cause weed makes me feel good and if it feels good, do it.
says StickCaveman on May 30th 14 (#1972636)
Reply | +1 | 0

Murder feels good to some. Should they do it for that reason?
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972660)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't think he was using feel good as an actual argument I thought it was more of a funny and even if it wasn't I couldn't agree completely with your comparison I agree with it somewhat murder directly involves someone else's rights (to life) the whole weed thing it's possible not to involve others' rights it could be just you the only way I can agree is because of the health aspect if people are paying money for your health and you're hurting them by hurting yourself then I agree with your comparison (health insurance paid by your parents/others, or healthcare paid by your community) it would seem like with drugs you were taking advantage of their contribution I still don't think weed should be legal, though just to be clear
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972672)
Reply | +1 | 0

Weed has the potential to involve others' rights as well. Yet, murder does all of the time. Better comparison: drunk driving can feel good to some. Does that mean they should do it?
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972682)
Reply | -1 | 0

I know it has the potential that's why I said it's possible not to involve others' rights that new comparison definitely doesn't work he didn't say smoking weed and driving should be legal or that it should be legal to be high driving you could say drinking feels good, but does that mean they should do it?
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972684)
Reply | 0 | 0

I'm basing the new comparison off of the argument that, because it feels good, one should do it. My comparison fits.
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972687)
Reply | 0 | 0

naw uh plus the very first thing I said still stands someone could argue that they're not driving when they're high and weed helps them pursue "the pursuit of happiness" these things are subjective and that's why so many have heated debates about the law
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972689)
Reply | 0 | 0

naw uh (d) plus the very first thing I said still stands someone could argue that they're not driving when they're high and weed helps them pursue "the pursuit of happiness" these things are subjective and that's why so many have heated debates about the law you're comparing drunk driving which has a high risk of death for yourself and others to just being high which has a risk of death for others and yourself I'm telling you, man it's not a good comparison your murder example was a better comparison than that one
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972694)
Reply | 0 | 0

Murder has a 100% chance of affecting another's rights. Drunk driving doesn't
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972695)
Reply | 0 | 0

I already explained the one with murder when I talked about healthcare I didn't use death as the comparison there death wasn't even a factor when I explained that explanation of yours (plus, I said I only agreed somewhat with it) read that comment again
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972698)
Reply | 0 | 0

(d)
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972700)
Reply | 0 | 0

(biggrin)
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972701)
Reply | 0 | 0

(biggrin) I'll remember these. Anyway, I disagree with "if it feels good do it". I can't think of a comparison that will suit you
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972702)
Reply | 0 | 0

Allow me to clarify, guys. Initially I did just mean that in a funny sort of way. In a trivial aspect, weed manipulates my mind to turn ordinary activities into fantastic activities. But from an overall spectrum, I'm going to do what makes me feel good, even if it doesn't involve weed. Thankfully, I don't feel good about murdering others (or can really only assume since I have not murdered anyone). Basically, it's a common goal amongst everyone (not murder, but happiness). Whether we ever find it or not in our lives, or whether we even realize we're searching for it, that's what we're doing. It's never ending. We forever seek improvement. We strive to make life easier and to make life last longer. I look at it as a goal that makes life worth living. If you're not happy, then at least you can work towards it. If we were discussing why it's a bad idea to commit suicide, that would be my reasoning: Despite the struggle to find happiness, the effort to find it counts for something and effort is an admirable thing. And I digress... Looking back on the "if it feels good, do it" statement, it should really be thought of in a deeper way. What does it all mean? Why do we do it? How does smoking weed, drinking and driving, and murder relate to the entire universe? When it all comes down to it, everything that ever existed and will exist; it's all a tiny piece of the puzzle. I don't believe we can control it or that we were meant to control it. It just was, is, and will be. So to answer the first question, yes, maybe they should murder according to the path the universe is sending them. *Also, please forgive me as it is 1am and I've been up since 5am and just watched the latest X-men movie. I'm just tired and a little contemplative.
says StickCaveman on May 30th 14 (#1972715)
Reply | 0 | 1

that was... beautiful I still think weed should be illegal, though I knew it was something funny in yo' face JJ
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972721)
Reply | 0 | 0

(d) Pssh... I didn't laugh so the statement had options :P
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972800)
Reply | 0 | 0

Also, he essentially said "if it feels good, do it" if it is contemplated in a deeper way. So... Ha.
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972801)
Reply | 0 | 0

I just thought of something are you using stoner logic? you explicitly put that on your dislike list
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972734)
Reply | 0 | 0

Nah, I'm not stoned. Stoner logic comes directly from stoners (people who get high on a daily basis) while they're high. I don't smoke very much these days... maybe about once a month. It's been over a month so I'm about due. And yeah, I mention that smoking weed doesn't make someone a philosopher, but generally when I say 'stoner logic', I'm referring to everything annoying about stoners. Such as the farfetched solutions to world problems or how instead of implementing any of the 'awesome' ideas they have, they end up just getting high again. And under the influence or not, people who talk about doing things but never do them annoy the hell outta me. My cousins have been talking about wanting to rent a boat out on a nearby lake for like two months now, yet when I bring it up on a day we all have off, they make up excuses why they can't. DAMN IT. If we're gonna go rent a boat, let's stop talking about it and go rent the damn boat. (un)
says StickCaveman on May 30th 14 (#1972742)
Reply | 0 | 0

this past hour, you've reminded me of Mike_Hawk
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972747)
Reply | 0 | 0

I take that as a compliment and thank you.
says StickCaveman on May 30th 14 (#1972749)
Reply | 0 | 0

you're welcome
says fuzala on May 30th 14 (#1972760)
Reply | 0 | 0

No one drinks and drives for the hell of it. They do so because alcohol seriously impairs your judgement in a way marijuana does not. Ask any frequent smoker and you will find that it does not handicap you in any way similar to alcohol. Not even comparable.
says Fanatic on Oct 10th 14 (#1985609)
Reply | +1 | 0

I concur that marijuana doesn't impair judgement as badly as alcohol. But it does impair judgement. Depends on the person. Some people will react to weed in harmful ways. I know alcohol is much worse. But any drug has its side effects http://www.usatoday.com/story/m...ents/10219119/
says JohnJillky on Oct 15th 14 (#1985909)
Reply | 0 | 0

The difference is smoking weed is not a crime against anyone. Murder is a crime against another human being. People want to get high. No one wants to be murdered. So that's a terrible comparison.
says Sobriquet on Oct 1st 14 (#1985109)
Reply | 0 | 0

Weed could make someone do something that would be a crime. Also, I'd consider getting high a crime to one's self (just my opinion). But I guess smoking weed in and of itself isn't hurting anyone else.
says JohnJillky on Oct 1st 14 (#1985134)
Reply | 0 | 0

No more than alcohol. In fact it's less in a lot of cases. So if we're talking about making things illegal that may or may not be linked to crime, let's start with drinking. And it doesn't matter if a person's just hurting themselves, they have a right to do that.
says Sobriquet on Oct 1st 14 (#1985156)
Reply | +1 | 0

I completely agree. I really don't get the logic behind making that and smoking legal while making weed illegal. I also agree that a person has a right to do whatever to themselves (crime was the wrong word).
says JohnJillky on Oct 1st 14 (#1985171)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't know what weed you're smoking that makes you want to commit murder or any other crime.
says Fanatic on Oct 10th 14 (#1985610)
Reply | 0 | 0

How about vehicular manslaughter?
says JohnJillky on Oct 15th 14 (#1985915)
Reply | 0 | 0

that is exactly why they do it
says altonschwab on Jun 28th 15 (#2013941)
Reply | 0 | 0

cant you feel good without screwing up your mind?? LMAO
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014296)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes and you can feel good and "screw up" your mind at the same time.
says StickCaveman on Jun 30th 15 (#2015691)
Reply | 0 | 0

Of course, I don't see why the government tries to control so many aspects of life.
says Ethan on May 30th 14 (#1972678)
Reply | +3 | 0

It's the nature of government: control
says JohnJillky on May 30th 14 (#1972683)
Reply | +1 | 0

Nature? Yes? Duty? No. That is protection. (And no, protection from marijuana does not qualify)
says Ethan on May 31st 14 (#1972852)
Reply | +2 | 0

Nah, it's bad for me. And it consumes people's lives and makes them act like idiots. I think it's fine in moderation if it doesn't have a negative effect on you personally. But how many people who use it do so in moderation and how many people are able to use it without psychological side-effects? I don't know.
says Raephex on Jun 5th 14 (#1973311)
Reply | -1 | 0

Would you apply the same to alcohol?
says JohnJillky on Jun 5th 14 (#1973338)
Reply | 0 | 0

I bet yes because (s)he said "I think it's fine in moderation if it doesn't have a negative effect on you personally"
says fuzala on Jun 5th 14 (#1973343)
Reply | 0 | 0

I should hope so
says JohnJillky on Jun 5th 14 (#1973346)
Reply | 0 | 0

I hope my opinions meet your standards. :) I think alcohol's different due to the hangover. Yes, it's worse for you than weed. Yes, it's physically addictive where weed isn't. But for most people the hangover means they drink it less. Weed doesn't have that. You can go on smoking it, provided you don't have a bad reaction to it, indefinitely. It can consume your life and alter your thought patterns. Alcohol can too, but I think the fact it's worse for you means you're less likely to let it.
says Raephex on Jun 6th 14 (#1973374)
Reply | 0 | 0

Actually, weed is addictive.
says JohnJillky on Jun 6th 14 (#1973399)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't think hangovers deter as many people as you think
says JohnJillky on Jun 6th 14 (#1973400)
Reply | 0 | 0

how to avoid a hangover.. STAY DRUNK
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014297)
Reply | 0 | 0

Lots of things consume people's lives and make them act like idiots. **** reddit does that.
says Sobriquet on Oct 1st 14 (#1985111)
Reply | +2 | 1

Good. Then YOU don't have to smoke it. But let other people make decision for themselves.
says Fanatic on Oct 10th 14 (#1985611)
Reply | 0 | 0

Not only hangovers, but vomiting, blacking out, the possibility for alcohol poisoning. You can smoke weed erryday without these risks. It makes it more desirable and easier to do frequently. As far as I've read, weed isn't physically addictive like most drugs. Psychologically, sure. But anything can be psychologically addictive.
says Raephex on Jun 6th 14 (#1973408)
Reply | +1 | 0

I believe I see. I still don't think the effects of alcohol deter people so much. Plus, that stuff only happens to idiot drinkers (surely not the moderate drinker majority). Heavy marijuana usage doesn't have a whole lot of evidence to support many claims that it has this or that side effect but, regardless, the majority of users use it moderately. Moderate usage for either drug doesn't lessen if heavy usage can do bad things. A lot of the time, it's the same idiots who do both drugs heavily.
says JohnJillky on Jun 6th 14 (#1973416)
Reply | 0 | 0

however long term problems exist.. My brother in law died at the age of 38 with lung cancer, caused by years of smoking pot..He didn't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol..Pot is not harmless like the pot heads want you to believe..
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014299)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes, because it's a waste of time for police to be dealing with recreational cannabis users who actually do less harm and less damage to society than recreational alcohol users, and are less of a burden on healthcare than smokers. In fact, if it's legalized, then the state can make extra money by taxing it.
says TommyUK1234 on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979512)
Reply | 0 | 0

Baffles me why it's even a question anymore
says JohnJillky on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979649)
Reply | +1 | 0

jut because it might be a bit less harmless, it is still harmful.. so that makes it all right,, I guess instead of killing 2 people just kill one, that makes it all better??
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014300)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't think you're really adding any weight to the counter argument. Why is it that alcohol and cigarettes, both responsible for huge numbers of deaths and great spread of disease of all kinds, are considered socially acceptable, but weed is considered this bit evil drug to be hated and hounded of society to make us all "Decent" again. I'm not paraphrasing you here, please understand, I"m just saying. it's a big waste of time, when there are much worse things for the police and other law enforcement bureaus to be looking at. You said "it is still harmful" - so are alcohol and cigarettes, so are kitchen knives, so are cars, so is life in general. I think we have to know when to draw lines, and I don't see why the drugs line is drawn at cannabis, that's all I'm saying.
says TommyUK1234 on Mar 17th 16 (#2252656)
Reply | 0 | 0

Marijuana should be just as legal as alcohol.
says DW2 on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979595)
Reply | +1 | 0

Yes. For a number of reasons. 1) It's basically harmless. 2) It's a massive waste of resources for police to keep persecuting recreational marihuana users. 3) The drug war is entirely race- and profit-related. It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with racism and corporate greed. 4) It is far safer than both alcohol and cigarettes, and has little addictive effects compared to both those things. 5) It's a majorly untapped source of income. 6) Getting high is fun.
says Sobriquet on Jul 22nd 14 (#1979606)
Reply | +1 | 1

Baffles me why greedy *ss politicians aren't jumping on this money train
says JohnJillky on Jul 23rd 14 (#1979650)
Reply | 0 | 0

They don't want to step on the toes of the powerful. The Cotton, Paper, Timber, Alcohol, Big Pharmaceutical,Soy, and oil industries are the greatest opponents to legalization. Go ahead and ask why. Though I think you can figure it out. Start back in the 30's with Hearst. It really is one of the biggest conspiracies in human history.
says DW2 on Sep 30th 14 (#1985097)
Reply | +2 | 0

Very few know that part of our history. Which is a shame. The Rockefeller's and Standard Oil also played a big part (and their descendents still do) on our dependency on finite resources, while writing off everything else. They bought up patents to limit technology that would make oil obsolete while increasing our use of oil. Standard Oil is the reason why we have laws against monopolies... not that those laws have changed much when it comes to how Big Businesses operate. It all comes down to who has the most $$$ and which elected official is willing to be bought by corporations who want to keep around technologies that are 100 years old.
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2014658)
Reply | 0 | 1

Thank you! You give me hope. :)
says DW2 on Jun 29th 15 (#2014788)
Reply | +1 | 1

I'm not here to give you hope. I'm here to help you inform : )
says semple on Jun 29th 15 (#2014806)
Reply | +1 | 0

I can't **** believe I misspelled marijuana like that
says Sobriquet on Jul 26th 14 (#1979973)
Reply | +1 | 0

Maybe, you're high on .... ?
says perdix on Jul 26th 14 (#1979978)
Reply | 0 | 0

I've been high enough times to know there's no connection between that and spelling
says Sobriquet on Jul 26th 14 (#1979993)
Reply | +1 | 0

Actually, marihuana is an accepted alternate spelling.
says perdix on Jul 26th 14 (#1980018)
Reply | 0 | 0

Huh. So that's why my iPod keeps correcting me that way...
says JohnJillky on Jul 27th 14 (#1980033)
Reply | 0 | 0

Hehe you're not the first.
says JohnJillky on Jul 26th 14 (#1980007)
Reply | 0 | 0

lol : ) for what it's worth, J and H are right next to each other on the keyboard. That's just an 'oops' waiting to happen!
says semple on Jun 29th 15 (#2014803)
Reply | 0 | 0

No. Because nothing good can come from it. It will make the next generation messed up
says Ballislife11 on Aug 7th 14 (#1981020)
Reply | +1 | 0

I think other drugs (e.g., alcohol and cigarettes) mess people up even more. Do you think they ought to be illegal?
says JohnJillky on Aug 7th 14 (#1981026)
Reply | 0 | 0

Who are you to decide for others? I like myself better when I'm high:)
says Fanatic on Oct 10th 14 (#1985612)
Reply | 0 | 0

any substance that causes extreme imbalance to our bodies natural chemical level, when taken regularly is qualified as an abuse. addictive substances should always be regulated, don't let these capitalists and commercialist fool you. Many substances are addictive and their abusive uses should be monitored. society have passed enough and allowed enough abuse to the point of allowing itself to degrade. Although there are some addiction that are deep seated, an example would be salt addiction, still we are sane enough to control ourselves. Addiction thrives in the lack of control, the loosening of control only makes it worse.
says moontone on Aug 8th 14 (#1981046)
Reply | 0 | 0

Ever read up on sugar's addictive properties?
says JohnJillky on Aug 8th 14 (#1981047)
Reply | 0 | 0

yes, and the lack of control on sugar intake causes diabetes. Addiction can sometimes be blamed on the individual for lacking enough self control.
says moontone on Aug 8th 14 (#1981052)
Reply | 0 | 0

Many marijuana smokers actually do have good self-control as my experience tells me. But that isn't based on any evidence
says JohnJillky on Aug 8th 14 (#1981066)
Reply | 0 | 0

so what your saying that the government should tell you how much salt or anything else you should consume there is a drought in California you 1 cup of water a day oh and a salt lick. and you can only use the rest room once a day. I know this sounds stupid but where do you think they will stop.
says altonschwab on Jun 28th 15 (#2013960)
Reply | 0 | 0

If it will make people shut up about it, sure
says Wunderscore on Aug 8th 14 (#1981072)
Reply | +1 | 0

true lol
says JohnJillky on Aug 8th 14 (#1981074)
Reply | 0 | 0

yes, because it is a victimless crime
says Daniellypuff on Aug 8th 14 (#1981087)
Reply | 0 | 0

I guess when my 10 year old niece was Decapited in a car wreck caused by dude so high on marijuana he had three times the amount of THC in his system that it would take to make one impaired,, is a victimless crime..
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014305)
Reply | +3 | 0

That **** should be in prison for life!! What a tragedy , I'm so sorry that such a great little girl never got the chance to live a decent life , thanks to the "normalization" of impaired driving , with Marijuana tolerance
says RobertHoulst on Jun 28th 15 (#2014308)
Reply | +1 | 0

The guy across the street from me has people over all the time,, they set on the porch smoking pot and drinking beer all the time.. 4 or five of em.. I watch them stagger to their cars and drive of almost daily.. I jumped al over one of the women for ringing her grand daughters with her, getting stoned in front of them and then driving home. the Kids are 7 and 10.. I told her if I saw it again the police would be involved..I have no use for drunks and pot heads...
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014315)
Reply | +1 | 0

To bad most people don't care anymore , you just might save an innocent life , I commend you on taking a stand , liberals want hell on earth , and it must be stopped
says RobertHoulst on Jun 28th 15 (#2014347)
Reply | 0 | 1

I am all for freedom. and people doing what they want, until it starts affecting others.. Their rights and freedoms end where mine begin.. and I have the right to be not put into any dangerous situation by someone else..If they keep it a home and stay off the street I don't care if they smoke a freaking ton of the crap, of drink enough to float a ship.. keep it at home and off the streets.
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014350)
Reply | +2 | 1

I think so, mainly because I have a hard time believing that a plant should be illegal. A plant! It's nigh impossible to overdose on (I believe it's 1500 pounds to OD?), it doesn't cause as bad of addiction like drugs such as meth/heroin do, and it doesn't have as bad of side effects as other drugs do. As for any responses dictating the state of being high as being distracted with low reflexes, so is alcohol, and it's not illegal Of course there are suggested regulations such as the minimum age for purchase, and a DUI if caught high and driving. Plus, if we all stop focusing on such a minor drug in the "war on drugs", we can focus on things that consistently kill people just by using it, such as the aforementioned heroin. Smoking weed won't kill with one toke, but one shot of heroin quite possibly can.
says LeyTheFlea on Aug 8th 14 (#1981098)
Reply | 0 | 0

Hemlock and belladonna are also natural plants.. wanna smoke some??
says clayslayer on Jun 28th 15 (#2014306)
Reply | +1 | 0

Absolutely. Smoking marijuana affects no one but the user, and every "negative" aspect that one can think of is most likely worse in the cases of cigarettes and alcohol. If we can regulate and control those substances, why not marijuana?
says Fanatic on Oct 10th 14 (#1985608)
Reply | 0 | 0

Because then people will start growing massive fields of hemp legally, that can replace a whole lot of other industries cheaply?
says DW2 on Oct 11th 14 (#1985623)
Reply | 0 | 0

I think marijuana should be legal if it's used medically, i.e. in the medicine that contains marijuana that saved millions of lives. But if it is used how it is already illegal, i.e. recreationally, it should remain illegal because I'm pretty sure the law was created for a reason. ;)
says Keep_Shining_Diamond on Oct 11th 14 (#1985636)
Reply | +1 | 0

The law was definitely created for a reason. "Cold Hard Currency". Once it became a reality in the 1930's through Hearst's initial interest in India's paper production, it scared the the shit out of him and his elitist friends. One acre of hemp can produce as much paper or fiberboard as 30 acres of forestland. The game was then afoot. It was far to easy for the master of media at the time to promote racist articles of "black men raping white women while under the influence of marijuana." They eveventually came out with ludicrous films such as "Reefer Madness" to sell the concept of prohibition. They even went so far later on to classify the Marijuana plant as a "Class 1 narcotic" thereby outlawing all medical studies. It is a twisted history. The truth is that hemp production scares the Elitists far more than the recreational use of THC.
says DW2 on Oct 11th 14 (#1985637)
Reply | 0 | 0

Go even further than that. How is a Government suppose to explain to it's citizens that a beneficial product has been outlawed for the better part of a century because of several Elitist monopolies who's lobbyists have kept a prehistoric plant from showing what it can actually do? The fear from the elite is hemp. Not marijuana. The Declaration of Independence and the first American flag were both made from hemp. The oils have been found to be more nutritious than soy, and can be broken down in refineries easier than crude oil in order to run vehicles. Absofreakinglutely the law exists for a reason!
says DW2 on Oct 11th 14 (#1985638)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't understand most of what you said, but what I meant was I think the law was created so people don't become addicted to such a drug, and what about the ingredients aside from hemp that can do harmful things to your body? Besides, you wouldn't EAT the first American flag, would you? Also, people sell marijuana illegally and I think they're trying to get rid of that.
says Keep_Shining_Diamond on Oct 11th 14 (#1985665)
Reply | 0 | 0

Marijuana is not studied by the FDA. It has been labeled a class 1 narcotic for that very purpose. The Elitists for the better part of the last century have made that happen. The timber, cotton, and oil industries are the only reason it is illegal. George Washington grew it and smoked it. It is far less addictive than caffeine. Do a little research. You will be shocked.
says DW2 on Oct 11th 14 (#1985668)
Reply | 0 | 0

Thank you for clearing that up, but I have don't research before and found that scientists studying marijuana found that while it isn't as addictive, its effects are much worse than caffeine, therefore making it a narcotic. Also, everyone has been comparing marijuana to caffeine, but in reality, caffeine really is almost as bad as marijuana. You would know if you have a dad who drinks over two pots of coffee per day.
says Keep_Shining_Diamond on Oct 12th 14 (#1985683)
Reply | 0 | 0

Definetly. If people want to relax why should we stop them? People's bodies are their own and we have no right to tell smokers what to do.
says NeuroRighty on Oct 19th 14 (#1986051)
Reply | 0 | 0

yes
says bitchplease_ on Feb 9th 15 (#1990658)
Reply | 0 | 0

Absolutely. I live in Colorado and not only has crime gone down since it was legalized but we're raking in the cash.
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2013803)
Reply | 0 | 1

Hell yes you are! :)
says DW2 on Jun 28th 15 (#2013805)
Reply | 0 | 1

2.35 million in taxes just in January. http://www.denverpost.com/news/...ary-bringing-2 $36.4 Million sold. One Month.
says DW2 on Jun 28th 15 (#2013810)
Reply | 0 | 1

Take that as a standard and start doing some math. $28,200,000 in taxes a year. $436,800,000 in sales in one year in one State.
says DW2 on Jun 28th 15 (#2013812)
Reply | 0 | 1

Go ahead, multiply that by 50 States. :)
says DW2 on Jun 28th 15 (#2013819)
Reply | 0 | 0

Trust me... I know : ) Our economy is booming right now. And it's a sustainable boom that will only continue to grow, as opposed to what North Dakota is experiencing with drilling. I might be feeling a rant coming on, about how cannabis could potentially revolutionize our country -- hemp especially. But I'm gonna save it for now. Maybe post my own question to get more feedback and opinions...
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2013821)
Reply | 0 | 0

It truly is an economic revolution. Just have to keep those who have manipulated this portion of reality for so long from becoming involved. That will be up to the local buyers. Refuse to buy anything that is run by or sponsored by large corporations. That word needs to get out quickly. We can't let the bastards manipulate a hundred years of manipulation again. This one needs to belong to mom and pop.
says DW2 on Jun 28th 15 (#2013829)
Reply | 0 | 1

Local growers are the way to go, for sure, especially when it comes to recreational MJ. But I'm not really worried about corporations taking over. My understanding is that each adult CO resident is allowed up to 6 plants each, but can sign this "right" over to a dispensary (by becoming a member), who in turn grow the plants everyone consumes according to demand. Since you can only become a member of one place at a time this creates a very local and very loyal customer base. Most people would cancel their membership if they found out their dispensary sold out. I know I would. Not that I'm a member....I'm enjoying growing my own plants too much : ) But when it comes to the industrial side of cannabis? The more the better. Even if corporations come into play.
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2013967)
Reply | 0 | 1

Everything should be legal inside your own home/ property. However not in public.
says Deadcutie on Jun 28th 15 (#2013964)
Reply | 0 | 0

All drugs should be legal this so called drug war has given birth to gangs which have devastated our inner cities destroyed families and corrupted our politicians. And during this whole time we have only seen drug use in this country go up. I was once asked what about crystal meth would you legalize that? My response was crystal meth would not even exist if not for the war on drug. Don’t you see if we just stop all of this how much could be saved in lives and money. We have been fighting this unwinnable war for close to 50 years now and have nothing to show for our efforts except violence, gangs, and the largest prison population in the world. Thousands of deaths in Mexico and Latin America and the US can be attributed directly to our war on drugs. We built the drug cartels and the criminal networks in our own country. We spend 1.3 trillion dollars a year on it and don’t stop 1% of the drugs. The definition of insane is to continue doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. I say stop now, spend the money on rehab and take the money away from the criminals.
says altonschwab on Jun 28th 15 (#2013986)
Reply | 0 | 1

You speak the truth and I've been saying the same thing for years. I think a big reason we're still banging our head against a brick wall has to do with our privatized prison system that's designed to keep as many people incarcerated as possible. In fact, before a new prison will even be built they get an agreement from the state that it will remain at or near maximum capacity. It should be no big surprise that these multi-billion dollar corporations lobby heavily for harsher drug laws. Portugal is the perfect example of how ridiculously ineffective a war on drugs is...http://www.forbes.com/sites/eri...f-in-portugal/
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2014428)
Reply | 0 | 0

Hell no , only for liberals , they need a little more dumbing down to finally be irrelevant
says RobertHoulst on Jun 28th 15 (#2014202)
Reply | -1 | 1

you really hate libs don't you man
says altonschwab on Jun 28th 15 (#2014204)
Reply | 0 | 0

Liberals are haters , so what's to love ?
says RobertHoulst on Jun 28th 15 (#2014211)
Reply | 0 | 0

We're cute and cuddly : )
says semple on Jun 28th 15 (#2014429)
Reply | 0 | 0

Is everyone who doesn't agree with you a liberal? By the way, it's not just liberals who smoke marijuana.
says StickCaveman on Jun 30th 15 (#2016619)
Reply | +1 | 0

No. I don't view getting high, whether it's alcohol, marijuana or any other narcotic as recreation.
says Linnster on Jun 28th 15 (#2014365)
Reply | +1 | 0

yes less 4 the cartel to sell
says PatSharkey on Jun 28th 15 (#2014627)
Reply | +1 | 0

Yes, from what I hear, it helps with chronic pain.
says 76May on Jun 28th 15 (#2014663)
Reply | 0 | 0

NO. It hurts the young people and no scientific proof has come about that it helps anyone with any medical problem. It can hide it like pain medicine, but both are addictive. Have you ever talked to someone who has been on it for a month or so? They sound like an idiot.l
says DocFreeman on Jul 5th 15 (#2020114)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes. Weed isn't hurting anyone! Stop the lies and legalize.
says Dami on Jul 15th 15 (#2029118)
Reply | 0 | 0

well it should depend on everyone's behavior towards it. Frankly i dont know if it should be a good idea to legalize or not, because if it does become legalized wont people move on a stronger illegal drug?
says Strawberrymuffin on Jul 24th 15 (#2039496)
Reply | 0 | 0

People could move on to a stronger drug whether it's legal or not..
says Dami on Jul 25th 15 (#2040630)
Reply | 0 | 0

It should be legal. No one should control what you do with your life. But it needs to have an age limit like alcohol.
says Virtuosa on Jul 25th 15 (#2041281)
Reply | +1 | 0

no....drugs are not good for anyone...get high on life
says QueenAline on Aug 8th 15 (#2059519)
Reply | +2 | 1

But is marijuana really a "drug"?
says StickCaveman on Aug 9th 15 (#2060028)
Reply | 0 | 0

A better question would be, do you really want our jails clogged up with people who are just trying to get high?
says Ms_Kris on Aug 16th 15 (#2068052)
Reply | 0 | 0

Well California tried Proposition 47 and it turned out to be a disaster.. they devalued some crimes down to misdemeanors and other crimes went up.. http://www.realclearpolitics.co..._127780.htmlnt up..
says clayslayer on Aug 16th 15 (#2068194)
Reply | +1 | 0

No, because you can't control yourself when you're high.
says noregrets1 on Jan 12th 18 (#2711716)
Reply | +1 | 1

I think the question is moot ... because it's legal in many states, and more are doing so. Even Washington DC has legalized it - and by the Constitution, Congress is responsible for running that district.
says Walt_OReagun on Jan 12th 18 (#2711730)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes. It has been proven to be beneficial. The war on drugs is simply a war against communities of color and a way to keep the for profit prisons full. It needs to end.
says Trish on Jan 12th 18 (#2711733)
Reply | 0 | 0

No,it should not be legal.We have enough problems with other drugs and drink.Why add to them?
says hootowl on Jan 13th 18 (#2712064)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.