Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

I'm so confused. Do American Jewish people hate Israel? That's frankly what I see. (+3)
says DW2 on Feb 17th 17 (#805373)
Agree (3) | Disagree (0)

How so??
says Carla on Feb 17th 17 (#2499805)
Reply | +1 | 0

I haven't noticed that.
says Bozette on Feb 17th 17 (#2499822)
Reply | +1 | 0

No.
says StarzAbove on Feb 17th 17 (#2499842)
Reply | 0 | 0

Why would you think that?
says Linnster on Feb 17th 17 (#2499857)
Reply | +1 | 1

I've noticed the same thing. I was hoping to get some insight here. So far, nothing.
says Budwick on Feb 17th 17 (#2499860)
Reply | 0 | 0

I'm not sure why you think that's a true statement. What have you seen that would support it?
says Linnster on Feb 17th 17 (#2499897)
Reply | +1 | 1

Jews in Israel are more conservative the typical Jews in the USA. American Jews are for what ever reason, for the most part left leaning. I found this article excerpt that explains it further. "The age of unquestioning support for Israel from American Jews is over: An era of conflict is replacing the age of solidarity. Within the American Jewish community, there are two major aspects to this divide: ambivalence and anger. On the one hand, there is a process of detachment from Israel, often expressed as indifference and apathy. But the majority of American Jews, about 70 percent, remains emotionally attached to Israel. Within that group there is growing debate and argument about Israel, particularly about Israel’s policies toward the Palestinians. There is a mounting sense of frustration, and many are alarmed by the direction the Israeli government is heading. Ultimately, there is a risk that U.S. Jews might become completely alienated from Israel. This is not simply a divide between Israel and American Jews; increasing divides exist throughout the American Jewish community and deep splits exist within the Israeli Jewish community. That said, there is a growing sense that Israeli and American Jewry are two separate communities moving in opposite directions. Since the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin and the second intifada (2000-2005), Israeli Jews and Israeli politics have moved to the right. American Jews, for the most part, remain firmly in the liberal camp. There is not, however, a divide between Israel and American Orthodox Jews, who remain very attached to Israel and are supportive of the Netanyahu government. " http://www.momentmag.com/growin...american-jews/
says Budwick on Feb 17th 17 (#2500027)
Reply | +1 | 1

I would have to agree with that article and I see why you would make the original comment. As a Jew, I support a state for the Jewish people, but I don't support further encroachment into Palestinian land. It is not enough to say that Palestinians that live in Israel are better off than their brethren and it doesn't justify building more settlements on the West Bank. Having said that, it seems that no matter what concessions Israel has made in the past, the Palestinians will not he satisfied until there is not one Jew left in that region. I don't believe the Palestinians want peace - they want the annihilation of Israel.
says Linnster on Feb 18th 17 (#2500278)
Reply | 0 | 0

So, you support a Palestinian State and believe that Palestinians want the annihilation of Israel. You don't see a problem in that thinking?
says Budwick on Feb 20th 17 (#2502338)
Reply | 0 | 0

I would support a Palestinian state if it meant that there would be some measure of peace between the Palestinians and Israel, but the Palestinians don't want that. They want Israel gone.
says Linnster on Feb 20th 17 (#2502437)
Reply | 0 | 0

So, what makes you think there would be peace this time? You have said your support the Palestinian state, that implies that you believe peace is possible. Yet, you also say that you don't think peace is possible. Suppose you can only pick one answer, what do you think it would be?
says Budwick on Feb 20th 17 (#2502535)
Reply | 0 | 0

I said I would support a Palestinian state IF it meant there would be peace. I also said that I don't think that would bring peace because the Palestinians don't want a two-state solution - they want the Israelis to disappear. What's the confusion?
says Linnster on Feb 20th 17 (#2502754)
Reply | 0 | 0

The confusion comes from you taking both sides of an issue at the same time.
says Budwick on Feb 21st 17 (#2503398)
Reply | 0 | 0

I'm not taking both sides. Go back to my original comment. I would support a two-state solution if it meant peace. I said that I didn't believe that would satisfy the Palestinians. Ergo, there would be no peace as long as there is a Jew left in Israel.
says Linnster on Feb 21st 17 (#2503431)
Reply | 0 | 1

Good question. Frankly i don't know... The whole Israel/Palestinian thing is a mystery to me as well...
says Sukiesnow on Feb 17th 17 (#2499875)
Reply | 0 | 0

i see it as well. I guess no one has answered that question so far.
says Markymark on Feb 17th 17 (#2499876)
Reply | 0 | 0

Three people have concluded that this is accurate, yet no one has back it up with why they believe this.
says Linnster on Feb 17th 17 (#2499938)
Reply | +1 | 0

I think Budwick summed it up fairly well. I thought it was pretty clear within the first four years of the Obama Administration that he was far from being a Traditional American friend to Israel. Yet in his second term I've heard as many as 73% of American Jews voted to re elect Obama. The second term was predictable and the two countries drifted even further apart diplomatically. There is a good chance that Trump can mend quite a bit of that.. it just seems like American Jews don't want to see that. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
says DW2 on Feb 18th 17 (#2500344)
Reply | +1 | 0

I agree that Budwick gave a good explanation. I hope that we can mend fences with Israel, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
says Linnster on Feb 18th 17 (#2500366)
Reply | 0 | 1

Zionism is bad for real Jews. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQ9C6vni0w
says Cezar on Feb 18th 17 (#2500348)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.