Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

This song is about the criminal justice system. I wrote it many years ago. Life is better now. (+5)
says JerryHendrickson on May 13th 17 (#809333)
Agree (6) | Disagree (1)

Great song. Thank ya for sharing it. 🦋
says Lil_Princess on May 13th 17 (#2565451)
Reply | +3 | 4

My system keeps crashing but I love the opening...
says Sukiesnow on May 13th 17 (#2565476)
Reply | 0 | 0

Just check later! I've played the drums from the age of 4. My beloved and late mother asked me if I wanted guitar lessons and according to her I said "No Mom! I want to play the drums." Remembering the four year old stuff is hard and Mom being gone makes it way more difficult. She set me up with an excellent drum teacher named Bill Johnston. He had this little marching band thing going for kids and he was such a great teacher.
says JerryHendrickson on May 13th 17 (#2565523)
Reply | +2 | 2

You sound like you had a great childhood, and a wonderful mom.
says Sukiesnow on May 13th 17 (#2565707)
Reply | +2 | 2

Very nice Jerry.
says Markymark on May 13th 17 (#2565642)
Reply | +2 | 2

Jerry, that is a really, really great song(music and lyrics)..I loved it. What year did you write it..... because your song(for me) has a 70's J Geils "vibe"(lol) to it....I liked the vocalist as well but if Peter Wolfe sang your song I would think it was J Geils song from the 70's....which is a huge compliment to you as a musician and lyricists!!!! My son at a very young age taught him self to play drums on his dad's drum set, as well as teaching him self to play electric guitar.....he had a natural gift of playing those two instruments with ease and could play songs by ear after just listing once to my AC/DC etc. type of music on a CD....eh then he went to middle school and became a fan of Rap music thus losing all interest in playing the drums and guitar, just writing rap lyrics...I truly thought by now(5 yrs later) that my son would eventually grow out of liking Rap given his natural ability to play the drums and guitar, eh but he at 17 still prefers/loves Rap over REAL music...ugh :)
says Gronk17 on May 14th 17 (#2566271)
Reply | +1 | 1

I wrote that in '88, right after I said to my lawyer "I thought that I was supposed to be innocent until proven guilty." and his reply to me was the title of this song. Thank you for the very nice compliment.
says JerryHendrickson on May 14th 17 (#2566333)
Reply | +1 | 1

You clearly have a gift as a talented musician, but such is life in the music business where some of far less talent make it to the top over those who truly have talent.....as Bon Scott co-wrote and sang...."it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll"....<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-...I?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
says Gronk17 on May 15th 17 (#2567046)
Reply | 0 | 0

Take notice how after Bon sings the lyrics "getting took" of how he spreads his right hand in reference to the spectacle of that video he has to take part in while AC/DC back then was doing what they were told to do to "MAKE IT TO THE TOP".
says Gronk17 on May 15th 17 (#2567051)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.