Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Has someone recently performed an act of kindness for you that left you humbled and grateful beyond words?
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#809398)

I had flowers sent to my office a few days ago. I don't like flowers much but the thought was nice.
says Tiffanee on May 15th 17 (#2566798)
Reply | +4 | 4

That was sweet. Did you get them for any particular reason?
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2566801)
Reply | +3 | 3

Nope. Anonymous.
says Tiffanee on May 15th 17 (#2566802)
Reply | +3 | 3

For no reason is often the best reason :)
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2566805)
Reply | +3 | 3

Yes. No pressure to do anything.
says Tiffanee on May 15th 17 (#2566809)
Reply | +3 | 3

Only words. But that still counts yeah? : ) But a few days ago I did notice a woman at a convenience store buying a bunch of stuff -- stuff I thought was odd because there's a grocery store not far away. Deli Express sandwiches, chips, water, etc ... junk food for the most part, but over $20 worth of food. She paid and left, then I paid and went out to finish pumping my gas. As I was leaving I saw her sitting on the grass with the homeless man who was on the corner and I had ignored.... I wish I could be that good of person.
says semple on May 15th 17 (#2566885)
Reply | +6 | 6

You are that kind of person for sharing with us such a poignant remembrance.
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567173)
Reply | +3 | 3

A few years ago, one of my professors permanently gave me his personal parking space right next to my office, and he parks in one of the big structures. I'm still blown away by this gesture and think about it each morning as I park my car.
says JanHaskell on May 15th 17 (#2566915)
Reply | +6 | 6

Yep, a lady just randomly walked up to my son and I while we were looking for some school clothes for him and said she observed us and wanted to know if I'd be interested in some clothes she had that no longer fit her grandson. She brought them to us and I can't even begin to tell you how much that helped me. She brought two large baskets of brand new clothes. I could barely believe it. I about cried. What's so funny is that I'd just gone through my son's old clothes that no longer fit and given them to a neighbor boy who is the youngest of four boys. Amazing.
says ForkNdaRoad on May 15th 17 (#2566982)
Reply | +7 | 7

"I about cried." I'm not ashamed to tell you I am tearing up now.
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567176)
Reply | +3 | 2

Right?!?! It totally blew me away when that happened. First, that someone actually went into the store looking specifically for a family to bless. Second, that of all the people she could have found, it was us. And third, this was the first school year where I wasn't financially in the position to go out and buy him what he really needed when he really needed it. There really was a need and she met it. And she said she'd been looking for someone to give them to, but had yet to find someone who was the right size. The icing on the cake was that I'd just given my son's clothes to our neighbor friend, no kidding, the day before we met her. That kid was so happy to get those clothes and a pair of new shoes my son couldn't wear. Plus, my son gave the pants the lady gave us to another friends his size, I had already gotten him some pants. So that one good deed reached so many people. I will never forget her and I have her contact info etc., we still text back and forth. The world needs more people like her.
says ForkNdaRoad on May 15th 17 (#2567193)
Reply | +5 | 5

Everything that could've gone right that day did go right. Believe me when I tell you this but this story could've been written by O. Henry... I immediately thought of his "The Gift Of The Magi".
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567198)
Reply | +3 | 2

Exactly! I was so thankful my son had that experience, to witness how powerful one good deed can actually be... it snowballs. You may see just the one person you help, but the ripples created are far reaching. Kinda like throwing a rock into still water.
says ForkNdaRoad on May 15th 17 (#2567211)
Reply | +3 | 3

You are a born storyteller because you can see so much in any situation... I never even considered this: "I was so thankful my son had that experience, to witness how powerful one good deed can actually be... it snowballs."
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567219)
Reply | +1 | 1

Ha, he was the one that pointed it out to me! Thanks CT, I appreciate that :)
says ForkNdaRoad on May 15th 17 (#2567231)
Reply | +3 | 2

You are a lucky mom :) You're most welcome (hug)
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567232)
Reply | +3 | 2

I really am, he's such an easy kid. (biggrin)
says ForkNdaRoad on May 15th 17 (#2567239)
Reply | +2 | 2

Yes.
says StarzAbove on May 15th 17 (#2567139)
Reply | +4 | 4

Yes. A lady with a full shopping cart told me to go in front of her since I only had a few items in a grocery store. That is not common anymore from I have seen. :)
says Will_Janitor on May 15th 17 (#2567374)
Reply | +3 | 3

I have a different take on this even though the circumstances aren't the same... I have women holding store doors open for me now. I don't know if I like that or not... :( (hehe)
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567383)
Reply | +2 | 2

Yes, a couple of weeks ago. When my neighbor learned of my cat's death, she left a beautiful hibiscus plant and card outside my door. She and her husband were preparing to leave the next day on a long road trip, yet she took the time out to do that for me. One thing she wrote on the card particularly got to me: "Next spring when this blooms, we'll remember Monkey" What she referred to as a little something by your door, was SO not little to me......
says Piper2 on May 15th 17 (#2567393)
Reply | +3 | 3

Thank you for sharing that warm moment in time with us, P (hug)
says ChuckTom on May 15th 17 (#2567400)
Reply | +3 | 3

Yes...it was much appreciated 🦋
says Lil_Princess on May 16th 17 (#2567869)
Reply | +2 | 2

Fill us in!
says ChuckTom on May 16th 17 (#2567873)
Reply | +2 | 2

Someone stopped an entire lane of traffic on a busy road so I could get across on walk I took.
says Lil_Princess on May 16th 17 (#2567878)
Reply | +2 | 2

That was thoughtful :)
says ChuckTom on May 16th 17 (#2567884)
Reply | +2 | 2

Yep :)
says Lil_Princess on May 16th 17 (#2567886)
Reply | +2 | 2

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.