Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

When did loving God become a bad thing?
says Jaxxi on Sep 14th 17 (#814432)

When he invented minigolf.
says ZonkeyBalls on Sep 14th 17 (#2653302)
Reply | +2 | 3

Hey Im badass at mini golf son
says Jaxxi on Sep 15th 17 (#2653982)
Reply | +1 | 1

Loving God, one having family values and traditions in America became a "bad thing" in our great country BECAUSE of our country's predominately Liberal 'msm', Liberal public schools, Liberal entertainers, Dem's and RINO's in government INFILTRATING all of the above...thus them trying like hell to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM our great country into their vision/version of AmeriKa.. where we as their peasants live "free" in America of how THEY FEEL we all should live our lives ACCORDING to them. What these politicians and talking head pundits DON'T GET, is that there really is a SILENT MAJORITY in the USA...where IF push comes to shove, we as Americans and our Military will never allow our great country to go the way of Europe.
says Gronk17 on Sep 14th 17 (#2653307)
Reply | +2 | 2

My guess is that it "started" with New Atheism (~late 20th century). They believe that superstition and religion are irrational and should be countered with rational arguments. Social media helped the popularity of the movement - I was introduced to several New Athiests through YouTube videos and Ted Talks. The actions taken up by some religious groups (e.g. attempting to make public schools "teach the controversy", attempting to amend the constitution with a traditional definition of marriage, ect) has also made people more aware of the intrusive nature of religions.
says PhilboydStudge on Sep 14th 17 (#2653339)
Reply | +3 | 3

That might be true but who says man made religion has anything to do with God? I think when the shit hits the fan EVERYONE knows God is real and prays to Him.
says Jaxxi on Sep 15th 17 (#2653985)
Reply | 0 | 1

Who said it was a bad thing?
says Tiffanee on Sep 14th 17 (#2653350)
Reply | +3 | 3

I fully understand the spirit of this post but, honestly God loving people have been persecuted forever! They crucified Jesus! I think it's just our turn. What I like most about this post is that fearlessly brings the topic front and center. No hiding in the shadows, no denial of our Savior. http://data.amirite.net/user_im...a7eb20e8a7.jpg
says Budwick on Sep 14th 17 (#2653357)
Reply | +1 | 1

I still think minigolf was a bad move from the above. It's like crack, but more addictive.
says ZonkeyBalls on Sep 14th 17 (#2653363)
Reply | +1 | 1

Thank you. It was intended to get people thinking if only for a moment about our wonderful Lord.
says Jaxxi on Sep 15th 17 (#2653989)
Reply | +1 | 1

I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I think it's a good thing and a God given right.
says Will_Janitor on Sep 14th 17 (#2653365)
Reply | +4 | 5

It didn't.
says Bozette on Sep 14th 17 (#2653393)
Reply | +3 | 3

I'm not sure I accept the premise. The majority of the world's population believes in a deity that can be loved, so I don't see how that could allow for it to be a "bad thing". I do know that many believers need to feel persecuted as part of their identity (Christians, Jews, and Muslims often speak in the language of persecution; heaven is often portrayed as a deliverance from earthly persecution). Yet before you claim to be persecuted because the Christian perspective is no longer the only voice in American morality and ethos, consider the plight of Coptic Christians in Egypt or Muslims in Myanmar. I believe in God and I don't feel persecuted. And I don't feel that I should have to.
says Thibault on Sep 14th 17 (#2653396)
Reply | +4 | 4

The question is using reverse psychology and it struck your beautiful nerves as intended. Believing in God is a beautiful thing!!
says Jaxxi on Sep 15th 17 (#2653991)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes I know why you worded it that way, but sometimes we all need a little perspective :) I hope my response got people thinking too.
says Thibault on Sep 15th 17 (#2654020)
Reply | +2 | 2

It's not a bad thing at all. It's a wonderful thing.
says StarzAbove on Sep 14th 17 (#2653432)
Reply | +3 | 4

Nothing wrong with it as long as it is not forced onto people, especially children. It is just not for me but bad thing...nope.
says Tiffanee on Sep 14th 17 (#2653674)
Reply | +3 | 4

See, and I respect that. When it becomes a cult rather than a personal experience then something's wrong
says Jaxxi on Sep 15th 17 (#2653992)
Reply | +1 | 1

when people stopped loving others
says meow_199 on Sep 20th 17 (#2657913)
Reply | +1 | 1

Most people who claim to love God do a lot of things that He wouldn't be proud of and the cry persecution when they are called out on it.
says TheCensoredBrit on Sep 20th 17 (#2657938)
Reply | 0 | 0

When Republican scum stole the label Christian and used it to mean : hate LGBTQIA+, hate women, hate people of color, hate the poor, and hate immigrants. Directly in violation of Jesus' message. They're evil hypocrites. They do more than anyone to give God and faith a bad name.
says Trish on Sep 20th 17 (#2658019)
Reply | 0 | 1

When people started using that love as an excuse to hate, hurt or control other people. If some people are using it as a weapon, others will start to notice it. That being said, at this moment there's more people who believe in any sort of deity than not, so there's not that many calling it bad as a whole. There's more people calling each other's Gods bad though.
says Sofia on Sep 21st 17 (#2658248)
Reply | +2 | 2

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.