Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Remember when it was polite to address a crowd as “ladies and gentlemen?” Now it is considered a "non-inclusive" phrase. I'm getting a little tired of this ridiculousness. (+25)
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#816571)
Agree (28) | Disagree (3)

I am a woman. I respond to the following: girl, woman, lady, ma'am, mama, nanna and occasionally..wench get me a beer.
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691179)
Reply | +9 | 7

I like the last one....
says JD on Nov 29th 17 (#2698572)
Reply | 0 | 0

I also hear that people in the UK can't say pregnant women anymore, now it's pregnant people. Well hello there pregnant individual of nonbinary **** or gender with an uncertain sexual orientation that I must not confuse or otherwise will be crucified on the PC cross, how are you today?
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691185)
Reply | +7 | 5

The good old days...I'm a girl I have a ** and I'm a boy I have a **. Nowadays, you can offend a multitude of "individuals" you didn't even know existed.
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691193)
Reply | +2 | 2

You did not include the fact that I identify myself as a tri gender Halaxian Lich-lord from the C-137 dimension despite me not telling you that but you're criminal and a bigot and deserve to be in jail! How dare you not tiptoe around me and my feelings no matter how logic-defiant they are!
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691225)
Reply | +3 | 4

You know...I am literally laughing out loud right now. https://media.giphy.com/media/h...7zoPe0/200.gif
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691232)
Reply | +2 | 2

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...850f46a9d6.jpg
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691234)
Reply | +3 | 3

Do you need a hankie... http://78.media.tumblr.com/85ea...AO51siybal.gif
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691240)
Reply | +2 | 2

I need my safe space(biggrin)
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691241)
Reply | +1 | 1

Oh muffin... http://data.amirite.net/user_im...854b8c94cb.jpg
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691254)
Reply | +1 | 2

You are a cultist racist supporter! Shame on you for using the color white for that loony room! I demand it to be multi race!
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691258)
Reply | +2 | 3

Standard loony room and straight jacket accessories...white. I suggest a march against the loony bin industry demanding equality for loonies of all ethnicities and/or gender "types". https://media.giphy.com/media/1...1NYs/giphy.gif
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691326)
Reply | +3 | 2

lol
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691327)
Reply | +1 | 1

You know I can't wear white because I constantly drip spill and cut myseld thus destroying white clothing, Maybe hospitals of the looney sort should make them all in black to keep the dirt from showing :)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 14th 17 (#2692113)
Reply | +1 | 1

sunny -- Too bad for you you have no idea what who or when you are.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 14th 17 (#2692093)
Reply | 0 | 0

I didn't quite get that.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 14th 17 (#2692175)
Reply | +1 | 1

Men are never pregnant, it is the female that has to do the work so the man deserves NO recognition.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 14th 17 (#2692091)
Reply | +1 | 1

I don't think any normal person would argue with you about that Lorraine, but you see in this modern age of offendedness, some people get offended and whine. Supposedly this is not about men, believe me no man would push for this, as far as I know it's about trans people who are biological females but identify as males and they are offended that they're not included and demand the term " pregnant person "
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 14th 17 (#2692176)
Reply | 0 | 0

The world is going nuts.When I was teaching I only had girls and boys in the class.Wonder what I'd have now?a class of non gender specific children?
says Blewynanifail on Nov 12th 17 (#2691203)
Reply | +6 | 5

Funny you should mention that... Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news...#ixzz4yDXdz6pz
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691208)
Reply | +1 | 0

Oh dear!!
says Blewynanifail on Nov 12th 17 (#2691211)
Reply | 0 | 0

That kid is being set up for a life of hurt. she/he better get used to it, there will be real life when people will call IT whatever IT looks to be. Wanna be seen as a girl wear a dress wanna be seen as a boy crew cut and pants.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 14th 17 (#2692119)
Reply | +1 | 1

Probably just easier to address a crowd by....." Alright ****!".
says DandyDon on Nov 12th 17 (#2691245)
Reply | +7 | 6

At least everyone has that. Or do they....
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691255)
Reply | +3 | 3

I sure hope so...but you're right, someone will probably argue about it..
says DandyDon on Nov 12th 17 (#2691263)
Reply | +3 | 3

You can get offended by absolutely anything as long as you want to.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691270)
Reply | +4 | 3

Ya know I am all supportive if "Marvin" wants to change his gender and lifestyle and "Eat, Drink, and be Mary" but I will be damned if I change the way I talk for it. If someone doesn't like it, here is a box of tissues. (ono) 🦋
says Lil_Princess on Nov 12th 17 (#2691248)
Reply | +6 | 6

And I agree! Here we go again copping to the demands of the few.
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691261)
Reply | +2 | 1

So what? Get over it. It used to be ok to say a lot of things. Until we realize that some people find a phrase offensive it is OK to say, once we discover it is offensive we should stop. Language evolves. My grandparents called Brazil Nut "n..... toes" they don't any more. They didn't understand at first why it was offensive. I used to play cowboys and Indians. Now I say "natives". You know what? It is a pain in the **. But what in life is not a pain on the **? If someone was calling me something I found offensive, like for example 'lib tard' I would want it to stop. I get that they find it inconvenient to stop calling me that, oh well I am not going to stop being offended, so they can continue to purposefully hurt my feelings (called being an cad) and I will continue to be uncomfortable when they do. I, a long time ago started saying "folks" instead of 'ladies' or 'gentlemen' or the dreaded 'guys'. Good evening folks, I am here to tell you how I really feel....
says VicZinc on Nov 12th 17 (#2691249)
Reply | +8 | 5

I don't think anyone objects for things that are actually offensive like the n word or indians, a misconception that still goes on or libtard or whatever. Dar means this crazy ultra PC fad where you might see a nice little kid and go " Hey little boy, how are you?" And be under fire for calling it a boy therefor forcing a gender role on it, or my example with the pregnant women person now that people take offense for only including women.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691266)
Reply | +1 | 1

Similar argument my grandpa made when he was told to stop using the 'n' word. It seems ridiculous to us, but someone is offend or they would not complain. Once I become aware that I am being offensive, even if I don't get why, I stop. I might feel frustrated, but I stop.
says VicZinc on Nov 12th 17 (#2691273)
Reply | +1 | 1

I don't think you can compare the 2. A word specifically intended to express hatred towards a race of people and a word that recently became offensive where the word itself has never had a negative meaning. But if this is where you stand I respect that. You are willing to change yourself in order not to displease others no matter what you personally think and that's nice of you.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691285)
Reply | +2 | 2

Thanks. I never hated 'Indians' but some found that word offensive. I don't get it either, "men and women" seems inclusive and non judgemental to me. To my grandpa the n-word was descriptive not derogatory. But what can I do? If you told me that you didn't like being called StS I wouldn't call you that.
says VicZinc on Nov 12th 17 (#2691298)
Reply | +3 | 3

It really depends on the intention of the word rather than saying it at all. In Latin and I think Italian and Spanish the word negro simply means black that's where the so feared negro word comes from. I oppose all of this because it's giving power to stupid words to run over our lives and liberty, if one means to be offensive they don't need those words to offend others, we can ban %50 of the English language and still there will be a way to offend people. Instead of censoring people the focus should be on the intentions instead rather the words.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 12th 17 (#2691314)
Reply | +2 | 1

I agree. I can't control how others react to my words. I can control which words I choose to use. Having observed the reactions of others to my words, I then choose: do I want to keep getting that reaction, or do I want to change my words and get a different reaction. Likewise, I have little control over my gut-reaction to other's words. I can try not to react negatively to certain words - and have successfully - but there is still that initial twinge when I hear them before my brain has time to shrug it off. So when I am confronted by someone who refuses to stop using those words in my presence, I sometimes choose to avoid them. Some will say 'good! step away while I continue to use the words I want' while others will say, 'it's easy enough to stop saying that, please come closer and we can be friends.'
says VicZinc on Nov 12th 17 (#2691363)
Reply | +4 | 4

To each their own VicZinc. I suspect the "some people" are far fewer than the "folks" who use terms of generality. And I've never been one to use derogatory terms.
says Dar on Nov 12th 17 (#2691267)
Reply | +3 | 3

I have experienced it where I just don't get how or why it is offensive, but I stop saying it because somehow it is offensive.
says VicZinc on Nov 12th 17 (#2691279)
Reply | +1 | 1

Boohoo. You're not gonna hear "Ladies and Gentleman" any more when you take an MTA train (which I'm sure you do allllll the time (un)) . Your life must be in shambles. God forbid people who don't consider themselves male or female get respected in this world, that'd be the end of the world.
says Skr3wBall on Nov 12th 17 (#2691441)
Reply | +4 | 4

Best comment!
says Tiffanee on Nov 12th 17 (#2691496)
Reply | +4 | 4

WoW....strike a nerve. It is more of a lament.
says Dar on Nov 13th 17 (#2691640)
Reply | +1 | 1

Do you really think they give a shit? They really are offended and would rather be addressed as folks? Personally, I think I could find a few more important things to **** about if I couldn't figure out what gender I wanted to be. JMHO.
says Will_Janitor on Nov 16th 17 (#2693163)
Reply | 0 | 0

So you think they should dial it back because you, whom this doesn't affect whatsoever, think it's unnecessary? What's the harm in doing it? there are a lot of other things to complain about, but how does that make changing this a bad thing? Some people greatly appreciate that a large company is going out of their way to respect them and acknowledge them when sooooo many people don't. Why are you so opposed to them being represented, can't *you* find more important things to complain about? Sidenote: you should be banned from talking about this unless you live in New York City. This only affects us.
says Skr3wBall on Nov 16th 17 (#2693266)
Reply | +2 | 2

That's interesting. I should be banned from talking about this because I don't live in NYC. Ha Ha! I don't know how old you are, but I was riding subways in NYC from the late 60's on. My wife was born in Manhattan and we visit family there fairly often. I am not complaining about anything. I don't care if you want to be called cabbages. It really makes no friggin difference to me. I'm just entertained by what you seem to think is respectful and important in life. Now I'll try and go find something important to complain about. :)
says Will_Janitor on Nov 17th 17 (#2693498)
Reply | +2 | 1

Great post. I don't call them anything because to me, in my world, they do not exist.
says Hunkie on Nov 12th 17 (#2691463)
Reply | +1 | 2

I mean, is saying "distinguished guests" or whatever instead of "ladies and gentlemen" hurting anyone in any way?
says DWF on Nov 12th 17 (#2691489)
Reply | +3 | 3

Who cares, another person making a mountain out of a mole hill. We have much bigger issues to contend with.
says StarzAbove on Nov 12th 17 (#2691494)
Reply | +6 | 4

I agree, but which side in this one is making the mountain?
says Will_Janitor on Nov 16th 17 (#2693164)
Reply | 0 | 0

Don't know, the world has gone nuts.
says StarzAbove on Nov 16th 17 (#2693239)
Reply | +2 | 2

Change the message of the dep./arr. screen they can all comprehend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXTxoPFmL0k
says Freeranger on Nov 12th 17 (#2691513)
Reply | +1 | 1

I DO! As far as I know, crowds often still are, whether all those in the audience quite fit the various definitions of the words, or not. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous too, this proper words for gender identity thing. When it comes to referring to individuals as a "he" or she" when they feel they've been born as the wrong one, I'm fine with it. Making about a big deal about how crowds of people are addressed, is a whole different thing.
says Piper2 on Nov 13th 17 (#2691559)
Reply | +5 | 5

The march toward 1984 and a homogeneous population is getting faster and faster. Are the hunger games very far away?
says ozzyboy on Nov 13th 17 (#2691611)
Reply | +4 | 3

It often seems nigh impossible to not offend someone these days. I generally do not intentionally offend...nor will I accede to demands I redefine reality or even pretend to do so. When it gets to that point, I concur with DandyDon's solution.
says Bozette on Nov 13th 17 (#2691630)
Reply | +4 | 4

“Welcome all those who do or don’t have ****!” Enjoy the show!
says DW2 on Nov 13th 17 (#2691663)
Reply | +2 | 2

That might work.
says Dar on Nov 13th 17 (#2691670)
Reply | +2 | 2

"Welcome everyone!"
says DWF on Nov 28th 17 (#2698028)
Reply | 0 | 1

The all inclusiveness of that would piss off far too many unaknowleged self indentifiers. :)
says DW2 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698256)
Reply | 0 | 0

I think that Ladies and Gentleman is fine Dar. I also think it should be down to each individual (no matter their Born Gender identity) to see themselves as either a Lady or a Gentleman. http://data.amirite.net/user_im...97e150f21f.jpg As it has been since Adam & Eve. When a Child agonizes through their own Puberty , they are not fantasizing about being Transgender , they are at times choosing Life or Death because they do not feel they are the Gender they were Born as. Never have I known a Transgender who did not want to be seen as either a Man or a Woman. this is getting too **** up for words in my opinion.
says Darkest_Serenity on Nov 13th 17 (#2691696)
Reply | +3 | 2

Beautifully put, Ser, seriously .) BTW, would you mind removing that Adam and Eve reference - I find it offensive (hehe)
says PartyOfOne on Nov 28th 17 (#2698000)
Reply | 0 | 0

Party1 her usage of vulgar words offend me more than anything. They don't care about anyone on here but themselves imo
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 28th 17 (#2698084)
Reply | 0 | 0

none of this suprises me. We started down the rabit hole decades ago. It is only going to get worse.
says Brianl on Nov 13th 17 (#2691734)
Reply | +3 | 2

Who are they not including? There are only women and men, if you are in between you still think of yourself as "something"
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 14th 17 (#2692088)
Reply | +1 | 1

That confuses me as well.
says PartyOfOne on Nov 28th 17 (#2697987)
Reply | 0 | 0

In my opinion, everyone should just shut up. Why bother making any anouncements? If they don't know where they are going they shouldn't be on the friggin train. One of the biggest complaints people have in life is that nobody tells them what's going on. Well maybe they should stop complaining about how someone is trying to tell them what is going on. JMHO.
says Will_Janitor on Nov 14th 17 (#2692442)
Reply | 0 | 0

I wouldn't go out of my way to wrongly address someone when I knew there'd be a more reasonably-acceptable greeting - MTA aside.
says PartyOfOne on Nov 28th 17 (#2697985)
Reply | 0 | 0

Amazing. Some people here actually believe there are multiple genders and we need to kiss PC ****.
says JerryHendrickson on Nov 28th 17 (#2697989)
Reply | +1 | 0

The UK have been doing it for quite some time now
says Creamcrackered on Nov 28th 17 (#2697990)
Reply | +1 | 1

Can't they say "attention passengers?" That covers everyone....right?
says Tiffanee on Nov 28th 17 (#2698029)
Reply | +1 | 1

I think the point is they've used "Good morning ladies and gentlemen" for years, it's polite and well mannered. Why do they have to change it? Who is making up all these labels in the first place? I also don't understand the problem either, people are either male or female. When you fill out these questionaires which ask are you male or female, people don't get offended and say "where's the OTHER box?" The saying "Ladies and gentlemen" is not offensive to anyone, people transitioning are looking to be a lady or a gentleman, Ozzyboy is right, this is George Orwell's 1984 and Aldous Huxleys A Brave New World, people see this happening and it is disturbing, and heading toward something much more sinister.
says Creamcrackered on Nov 28th 17 (#2698061)
Reply | 0 | 0

I am more than a little tired of this stupidity and have been for a long time. People just need to grow up and take life as it comes. The world is NOT utopia. Sheesh.
says beachbum on Nov 28th 17 (#2698075)
Reply | 0 | 0

jaust say attention ladies gentleman and **** weirdos.
says yasir on Nov 29th 17 (#2698178)
Reply | 0 | 1

hfaghot
says yasir on Nov 29th 17 (#2698179)
Reply | 0 | 0

yes
says Darkhound on Nov 29th 17 (#2698470)
Reply | 0 | 0

The transgender community is offended by the term “Expectant Mother” for Christ’s sake. If a woman is pregnant, can we please give her the respect to call her an Expecting Mother? They want it changed to “pregnant person”. Look, we aren’t uncomfortable with our genders- you are. We will identify ourselves as we always have. If a pregnant chick wants to be the dad, then she can be an expectant father and pass out cigars..we don’t care either way.
says Jaxxi on Nov 29th 17 (#2698562)
Reply | 0 | 0

I will use ladies and gentlemen...I will use pregnant women and I will use words that I have grown up to say...if anything I say offends anyone ...then shove your head up your own ****....
says JD on Nov 29th 17 (#2698576)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.