Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

I will not give one penny to help animals. Until every child is fed, until everyone has unfettered access to news and education, until no mother needs to worry about her sons and daughters fighting in wars or for their own survival on the streets of our cities, my charity will always go to help humans not animals. (-9)
says VicZinc on Nov 28th 17 (#816881)
Agree (5) | Disagree (14)

Your money, your choice.
says Tiffanee on Nov 28th 17 (#2698092)
Reply | +9 | 9

That's the beauty of Amirite. We can have very different opinions and I can still respect that yours is a valid and heartfelt opinion. Disagreements are OK!
says VicZinc on Nov 29th 17 (#2698203)
Reply | +2 | 2

Do you feel better now Vic? I mean now that everyone assumes that you give to charity and all. Oh wait, that's not really what you said. It was more like when all these impossible circumstances happen - then you might give a penny to help animals. Thanks for helping me sort that out. For everyone else you can help animals here https://secure.humanesociety.or...BoCgyAQAvD_BwE http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dc2ceefb27.jpg
says Budwick on Nov 28th 17 (#2698093)
Reply | +7 | 7

What's the matter Vic? Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?
says Budwick on Nov 28th 17 (#2698098)
Reply | +6 | 4

Alright. I'm still gonna help cats though. https://peopledotcom.files.word.../black-cat.jpg
says Thibault on Nov 28th 17 (#2698113)
Reply | +9 | 10

I can understand that sentiment. My wife is a veterinarian though. Our charity to animals goes through her vet practice. It's local, free food that has passed the expiration date, an occasional injured animal fixed up for free and such. People come first.
says JerryHendrickson on Nov 28th 17 (#2698117)
Reply | +4 | 4

Agreed. People always come first.
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 28th 17 (#2698159)
Reply | +2 | 1

That's a whole lotta "untils" there, for sure. Ah well...I'm just grateful that many people don't have an all or nothing attitude like that. Not just about charity for animals, but other things, as well. I'm also grateful, that many people have enough caring and compassion for other beings, to extend it to both human and non-animals. http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dce7398b14.jpg
says Piper2 on Nov 28th 17 (#2698122)
Reply | +11 | 12

You are a rogue Vic ....people do what they think is best, but usually keep it to themselves....
says JD on Nov 28th 17 (#2698135)
Reply | +5 | 4

Just because humans are supposedly "superior" doesn't mean the other animals that inhabit the earth are no less in need of help some are critically endangered and could disappear forever probably because of man's need to interfere in the natural balance of the world http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dd63d530fa.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 28th 17 (#2698137)
Reply | +8 | 7

Exactly. My reply is one of the last ones. I honestly don't know how anyone can think that MAN will continue to survive, if we keep killing off other species.
says dru18 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698662)
Reply | +6 | 6

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dd652d18e3.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 28th 17 (#2698138)
Reply | +5 | 5

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dd6601a036.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 28th 17 (#2698139)
Reply | +5 | 5

Are you planning on becoming a vegetarian? Unfortunately animals are raised for our food supply, others provide a host of things for us, such as comfort and unconditional love. We must provide for our four legged friends. I my opinion, is to enjoy all the joys these furry friends provide.
says BarbOBarr on Nov 30th 17 (#2699176)
Reply | 0 | 0

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dd68f0a993.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 28th 17 (#2698140)
Reply | +5 | 5

I agree with this. It's a value I learned a long time ago. I love many animals, but not one of them is more valuable than a human life. If there is a fire in the house, get the people out.. but don't ever go back in to get your pet.
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 28th 17 (#2698161)
Reply | +1 | 1

I'm going in to get the dog right after I get the respirator from the shed. Fire extinguishers inside the entry doors will help. The cats are out of luck.
says JerryHendrickson on Nov 28th 17 (#2698163)
Reply | +3 | 2

I respect that.. and applaud your sentiments towards the cats. (smile)
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 29th 17 (#2698518)
Reply | 0 | 0

Speak for yourself. My pets are my family.
says Tiffanee on Nov 28th 17 (#2698172)
Reply | +5 | 5

I assure you that that was my intent. After re-reading what I wrote that last sentence does seem like a command, but that is what my parents taught me, and that is what I taught my daughters. Sorry for the confusion.
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 29th 17 (#2698505)
Reply | 0 | 0

Yes I'd rescue any animal if I could just because it isn't human being doesn't mean its life is less valuable all animals deserve to live that was instilled in me by my parents and I adhere to that today all life is sacred and precious animals are amazing versatile wonderful creatures
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698180)
Reply | +5 | 4

I respect that. To each his own. I find what you wrote interesting because my parents instilled the exact opposite in me. That's not to say that they were pro-cruelty to animals. It's that, if a push ever comes a shove, we were told to always favor a human life over an animals. And my parents were huge dog people. After the aforementioned German Sheppard they switched to Black Labs. We often had two and three Labs at a time, had a couple litters of pups, and so on. Side story: My wife is dead-set against dogs. I knew this before we were married and begrudgingly accept it. However, when my daughters were very young I taught them a little trick. When I asked them, "when can we have a dog" they responded enthusiastically "when mom dies.. yay"! (biggrin)
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 29th 17 (#2698516)
Reply | 0 | 0

No, we should if at all possible, save any living creature that we can. Who is to say that MAN is more important than any other living creature. Who wrote that rule?
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698663)
Reply | +3 | 4

Who is to say? You and I. If a loved one's life could be saved by taking the life of an animal, would you not do it? And would you say that a mosquito's life just as valuable as that of a human?
says PhilboydStudge on Nov 30th 17 (#2698882)
Reply | 0 | 0

I don't think we are talking mosquitoes here. But a environmentalist might actually say yes, because we are all part of a chain, and if one link is broken, the whole chain suffers.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2699179)
Reply | 0 | 0

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dfe64d3849.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698181)
Reply | +2 | 2

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dfed0aae0b.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698182)
Reply | +2 | 2

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...dfef0036f4.jpg
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698183)
Reply | +2 | 2

And I will help animals over humans any day of the week. And so what? You can donate your money anywhere you like.
says Gun on Nov 29th 17 (#2698190)
Reply | +8 | 9

Gun I love/adore my 2 dogs and all animals...my husband and I treat our 2 dogs like our "babies"...however I would definitely help out a human being in danger FIRST over helping an animal being in danger at the same time. If you meant financially helping in the aid of animals over financially helping the people who are abusing/taking advantage our country's welfare system THAT I can relate to.
says Gronk17 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698321)
Reply | +1 | 2

Being totally honest, it would depend who the person in danger was.
says Gun on Nov 29th 17 (#2698404)
Reply | +1 | 1

Well yeah if the person was let's say a Charles Manson type of person, I too would definitely opt to save the animal over someone like that ....However, if I happened to come upon a person who I didn't know AT ALL being in imminent danger at the same time as an animal being in imminent danger, my gut instinct would be to save that person instead of the animal. My guess... is that you being a good guy on this website, would also do the same as I would under the same circumstances :)
says Gronk17 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698877)
Reply | +1 | 1

I would probably attempt to save both.
says Gun on Nov 30th 17 (#2698932)
Reply | 0 | 0

Oh come on let's be real.... there's not a doubt in my mind that you would save a HUMAN child being in distress over saving an animal being in distress AT THE SAME TIME,, and you know it :)
says Gronk17 on Dec 2nd 17 (#2699834)
Reply | +1 | 0

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PettyShinyCheetah.gif
says Gun on Dec 2nd 17 (#2699881)
Reply | +1 | 0

lol :)
says Gronk17 on Dec 3rd 17 (#2700126)
Reply | +1 | 1

"If you meant financially helping in the aid of animals over financially helping the people who are abusing/taking advantage our country's welfare system THAT I can relate to." Leave it to you to make this about politics.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698666)
Reply | +1 | 1

Oh please dru18...those of you on the left know damn well that your leaders on the far left always ENCOURAGE your ignorant base to never let any tragedy go to waste IF it will further YOUR party's agenda. Look pal, you headline reading POLTICALLY IGNORANT people on the left who are all celebrating/high fiving each other over Flynn pleading guilty....once AGAIN have been duped by our msm because they know you all have NO CLUE whatsoever about all the FACTS.... and know that you politically IGNORANT people will believe whatever they report to you all...thus having all of you deadbeats rioting/looting in the streets.
says Gronk17 on Dec 2nd 17 (#2699833)
Reply | +1 | 1

LMAO!! Now we have gone from saving animals to Flynn? Only you. You remind me of Mike56. Are you sure you aren't him?
says dru18 on Dec 4th 17 (#2700574)
Reply | 0 | 0

I remember Mich56 from conversing with him on SH, and even though he and I disagreed A LOT on political issues back then, he was always respectful and a good guy on that website...so no I'm NOT him, HELLO my avatar is an actual real picture of ME(Gronk17) that was taken of me while on the beach with my kids this past summer. So anyways, yeah it's only a matter of days now(AGAIN according to you libs) that President Trump will either be Impeached or forced to resign so Hillary Clinton can become our President lol!!!!!!!!!!!
says Gronk17 on Dec 6th 17 (#2700944)
Reply | 0 | 0

Mike56, not Mich54!!! Mike was a hard core conservative so he would have definitely agreed with you. Mich was a liberal. Photos don't say anything when it comes to the internet. I didn't say he would be impeached or resign. That dirty old man is going to have to be hauled out of there, kicking and screaming.
says dru18 on Dec 6th 17 (#2701124)
Reply | 0 | 0

I was unaware that there was a conservative minded Mike56 on SH, or that they were on this OPINION website. I as a fiscal conservative had never ever conversed with a Mike56 while on SH for 6 years OR have ever conversed with a Mike56 on Amirite...can you screen shot me some of this Mike56 posts that they made on this website?? Eh you know damn well that it's sooooo easy to check if someone has posted a fake or real picture of themselves as their avatar...mine is an actual real picture taken of ME while on the beach, whereas the avatar you chose to represent yourself on this opinion website is of an animal.
says Gronk17 on Dec 7th 17 (#2701234)
Reply | +1 | 1

I can't find Mike. When SH rudely crashed on us, there were a lot of people who were lost. Mike was one of them. He was from Russia, lived in the states, and was good friends with 'dublin'. And they both were good friends of mine. I beg your pardon. It is not just any animal, it is of a white tiger, who looks quite dapper in his tie and eyeglasses. :) It was "white panther's" avatar (another conservative), and I augmented it a little.
says dru18 on Dec 7th 17 (#2701414)
Reply | 0 | 0

I find animals more palatable than most humans.
says AliceD on Nov 29th 17 (#2698191)
Reply | +8 | 9

Same here.
says Tiffanee on Nov 29th 17 (#2698192)
Reply | +5 | 4

Me too I agree
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698213)
Reply | +3 | 2

lol!!!! :)
says Gronk17 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698322)
Reply | 0 | 0

Wether you help animals or not.. All those things you've mentioned, will never happen for *Everyone*. That's just the plain reality of it.. Helping some, is better than helping none.. no matter what choice you make..
says DandyDon on Nov 29th 17 (#2698197)
Reply | +7 | 8

I think another thing to consider is that there are so many things we could help with, fucktonnes of causes. For me, I have chosen a few that I can support passionately, rather than spreading myself thin. Others can take those fights up. It means that there is a fair contradictory nature to me, but I am ok with that :)
says AliceD on Nov 29th 17 (#2698215)
Reply | +3 | 2

Not many people can give to everything.. But if everyone can give a little, it all adds up (smile)
says DandyDon on Nov 29th 17 (#2698605)
Reply | +1 | 1

Animals and children have no way to help themselves.While Most humans are too lazy to help themselves.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Nov 29th 17 (#2698298)
Reply | +3 | 3

Vic, so basically what you're telling us all with this post of yours..is that you (being such a compassionate person), can not in good conscience give any money towards helping animals UNTIL the day when the world is PERFECT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA how ASININE you sound???? smh.
says Gronk17 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698316)
Reply | +3 | 3

Certainly. About as insane a someone who leaves a $million to a cat while children are starving.
says VicZinc on Nov 29th 17 (#2698332)
Reply | 0 | 0

Vic when one works their a s s off their entire life to make their money living in a FREE country, it's THEIR CHOICE as to where THEY CHOOSE their money should go to after they pass on ...NOT where YOU or any GOVERNMENT "feels" their money should go to after they pass on! Who are YOU or the US Government to tell WE THE PEOPLE where are hard earned money should go to after we pass on?????
says Gronk17 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698343)
Reply | +1 | 2

I couldn't agree more. I don't tell people where to send there money. I simply choose where to send my own.
says VicZinc on Nov 29th 17 (#2698357)
Reply | 0 | 0

So I'm assuming you agree with me about eliminating the Death Tax? I mean come on, how asinine is THAT tax where our government is actually allowed to TAX you AGAIN after you die IF you've made too much money when you were alive being a productive tax paying member of our society??? Now that you know that portions of your taxed income have IN FACT gone to paying off the victims who were sexual assaulted/sexually harassed by these perv politicians in DC... doesn't knowing that FACT give you pause to really, really think about WHY our Dem and Rino politicians keep on keep on wanting to raise our taxes and are against tax cuts? President Trump as a successful businessman wanting to drain the swamp/sewer of the WASTE in DC must be pulling his hair out in frustration while trying to deal with these dumb as a stump/ nit wit lifer dem and rino politicians who have absolutely NO CLUE whatsoever on how economics work in a Republic/Capitalist country because they've all gotten use to being wealthy Kings and Queens as LIFER POLTICIANS by constantly pandering(lying) to the poor and needy in our country with their BS of how if you elect them they will get you and your family out of poverty with their GOVERNMENT programs...knowing damn well they just want to keep those people on the Government's plantation to keep getting their votes to keep themselves in POWER as "caring" politicians while they live like KINGS AND QUEENS. Vic, look at all the major cities in our country in debt and over run with gangs...they're all run by Democrats/Liberals...where there is only 2 classes in those Democrat run cities, the liberal wealthy elite living in their own elite sections of those cities in their GAURDED 10 million dollar apartments(caring about the poor and needy??) and then the poor in those Democrat run cities who are either living in their Government housing projects in the bad section of those cities OR being homeless living on the streets in the bad sections of those Democrat run cities....whereas there is NO Middle Class at all in those city's run by Democrats.
says Gronk17 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698864)
Reply | 0 | 0

It's your choice of course and I think it's unfair for anyone to be upset with you for what you choose to be charitable with, however you do realize you just caused a negative reaction from the people towards yourself for basically no reason.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 29th 17 (#2698326)
Reply | +1 | 2

yep. Well not toward me, toward my opinion. And, there was a reason. This place has been dead as heck for the last week. I wanted to bring out the big guns.
says VicZinc on Nov 29th 17 (#2698333)
Reply | +2 | 2

No wonder, this site needs some advertising most of the world doesn't even know about this, while people are using other sites the same way that werent made for opinions
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Nov 29th 17 (#2698342)
Reply | +1 | 1

Yesterday was the first time ever I didn't have a single notification when I signed in. Not a good sign at all.
says Tiffanee on Nov 29th 17 (#2698396)
Reply | +4 | 4

Who or what, if anyone/thing, you choose to support with your after-tax time and/or money is entirely up to you. You do indeed pay to help animals, however, through your tax dollars.
says Bozette on Nov 29th 17 (#2698336)
Reply | +2 | 2

Same here I've noticed not getting many notifications either
says Metal_god14 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698412)
Reply | +2 | 2

Despicable.
says BTA on Nov 29th 17 (#2698465)
Reply | 0 | 0

My animals have done more for me than most humans. So...my choice is to help the four legged beings.
says Carla on Nov 29th 17 (#2698539)
Reply | +7 | 6

No kidding, and they are one of the most vulnerable groups out there.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698673)
Reply | +4 | 3

Wow, that is some messed up reasoning, and I am surprised it is coming from you, Vic. Every species needs the other to be able to survive. You keep throwing one specie after another off the cliff and we will see just how long humans thrive. http://img14.laughinggif.com/pi...I3LmdpZj80.gif
says dru18 on Nov 29th 17 (#2698658)
Reply | +4 | 3

That would be some experiment. I just don't think we will be running out of dogs and cats anytime soon.
says VicZinc on Nov 30th 17 (#2698685)
Reply | 0 | 0

First of all you didn't specify. And secondly your reply lacks in moral judgement, which is rare for you. We should ignore the sufferings of two animals that we domesticated thousands of years ago? We have tamed those animals to the point that they rarely can survive without us,(without them asking us to) so we OWE them.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698691)
Reply | +3 | 3

We should prioritize the suffering of humans above other species, yes. When humans are not suffering we can then relieve the suffering of nonhumans. That is how I feel. I don't see that as immoral. I see people who help animals while turning a blind eye to human suffering as immoral.
says VicZinc on Nov 30th 17 (#2698704)
Reply | 0 | 1

Actually, there have been studies done on that last part. And they have found out that people who feel for animals, are more likely to help other people. It's called having compassion for any living creature.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2698710)
Reply | +4 | 4

Well then those people are not turning a blind eye. I am aware of some people (some on this thread even) who do care more about animals than they do about people.
says VicZinc on Nov 30th 17 (#2698751)
Reply | 0 | 0

Probably because companion animals give unconditional love. Humans don't. And wild animals ask very little of us, except to be left alone.
says dru18 on Nov 30th 17 (#2699181)
Reply | +3 | 3

Why cant we do both?
says Carla on Nov 30th 17 (#2698719)
Reply | +4 | 4

You can. I choose people over animals, your priorities may be different. I won't judge you.
says VicZinc on Nov 30th 17 (#2698748)
Reply | +1 | 1

Nor i you, vic.:) Any help is good help.
says Carla on Nov 30th 17 (#2698776)
Reply | +3 | 2

Both are very worthy causes. It's up to you as to what you want to donate your money to. Any help to any charity is a good thing.
says Gypsy on Nov 30th 17 (#2699034)
Reply | +1 | 1

I am disgusted
says Trish on Dec 1st 17 (#2699330)
Reply | 0 | 0

About kicking animals to the curb? Yeah, I am a little dismayed as well. http://data.amirite.net/user_im...8744cf3f51.jpg
says dru18 on Dec 6th 17 (#2701127)
Reply | +3 | 3

Animals have no (or VERY little) control over their environment - unlike humans. Most of the people who are starving or without medical care or education - it is due to another person's greed. Usually their government. So giving more money to their cause won't really help them, because their corrupt government gets the money rather than the people it would help.
says Walt_OReagun on Dec 1st 17 (#2699496)
Reply | +2 | 2

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.