Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

For the sake of discussion, let's all assume for a moment there is a hell. After death, what could be hell, or punishment, if you were sent to "hell"?
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#817102)
Eternal burning (3)
To be buried alive and conscious, motionless, forever. (2)
In another life, to be born deaf and blind. (0)
To be reincarnated as food prey. (1)
To be placed somewhere alive and totally alone. (1)
To be one of the undead. (1)
Other (8)

Already been there! It was called The Green Hell.
says Rooster on Dec 11th 17 (#2702647)
Reply | +12 | 10

I dont know how you fellows made it through that, rooster. Thank you. Now, about the purple borders around these boxes.....
says Carla on Dec 11th 17 (#2702661)
Reply | +5 | 5

Didn't the Vietnamese LIVE there, and make a life? (think)
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702664)
Reply | +3 | 3

They did. But i would reckon putting them up here, where i am, and ask them to fight, would be their hell.
says Carla on Dec 11th 17 (#2702665)
Reply | +4 | 4

Maybe (hmm) , but I don't think the Vietnamese would be arrogant enough to think they can just come into our backyard, unfamiliar with the terrain and weather conditions, and expect to run amok. The Germans made that mistake in WWII. I think the guerrilla fighters would be a little more prepared before they invaded. We're on a different topic. Sorry. (smile)
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702684)
Reply | +4 | 4

The arrogance wasnt the fault of those that were ordered in, though. Their hell was real, and unrequested. Off topic, maybe. Happens all the time:]
says Carla on Dec 11th 17 (#2702689)
Reply | +5 | 5

I know. I remember.
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702690)
Reply | +4 | 4

It would be fair if hell has an individual punishment for each person, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. People are all kinds of freaks, getting burnt or beaten might be enjoyable for some people.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Dec 11th 17 (#2702657)
Reply | +5 | 5

I agree Sunny , Max Clifford a **** offender died in Prison a few days ago and when I was told I said "there is a Special place in Hell for that Scum bag"
says Darkest_Serenity on Dec 15th 17 (#2704016)
Reply | +2 | 2

Never being in the sun.
says Carla on Dec 11th 17 (#2702659)
Reply | +4 | 4

My first eight months on amirite was hell....
says JD on Dec 11th 17 (#2702660)
Reply | +7 | 7

(hehe)
says StarzAbove on Dec 12th 17 (#2702880)
Reply | +5 | 5

Poor John's grisly tale I know well; 'Twas awfully bad, truth to tell.  When the trolls would attack,  He'd yell, midst the flak, "These Amirite fiends are sheer HELL!"  http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwfeatu...p/p03lcphh.jpg
says Thinkerbell on Dec 14th 17 (#2703873)
Reply | +4 | 3

Most what you say is true But quite often the air was blue The trolls came every day We could not understand what they say But the leader was a silly old moo..
says JD on Dec 14th 17 (#2703875)
Reply | +3 | 3

lolz double that and you'd have lost your frickin Mind JD I'm there https://data.whicdn.com/images/...9/original.gif my Sanity has left the building (hehe)
says Darkest_Serenity on Dec 15th 17 (#2704018)
Reply | +1 | 1

It was a bad time and I was ill throughout my mod time, which never helped..
says JD on Dec 15th 17 (#2704103)
Reply | 0 | 0

I couldn't imagine constantly running for my life, or looking out for predators who will eat me, every second of every day or night. Can you imagine the terror?
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702663)
Reply | +4 | 5

As a Christian, to me, hell is a real place. According to one of the references in the Bible, “the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.” All the politically correctness you can muster won't change what is meant by the description of those destined for hell. They are doomed to eternal separation from God and His holy angels. Merry Christmas!
says Budwick on Dec 11th 17 (#2702667)
Reply | +2 | 2

Merry Christmas. I was raised Orthodox Greek Catholic and a Christian, and I sang in the church choir as an adult, where I was a cantor. I know all the jargon. But I still ask... are not the "cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars" also created by God? So how can a loving and merciful God eternally punish that which he created? Some people are BORN evil. Why? Another thing...nothing personal (hehe), I can't stand when someone quotes scripture to PROVE heaven and hell. It's like asking Mother Goose if Goldilocks ate the porridge. Again, we are drifting off topic.
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702695)
Reply | +1 | 1

I'm sorry Rivers - I didn't mean to offer scripture as proof of anything other than a portion of my own understanding / belief. As far as God punishing that which He created - again, MY understanding is that we're ALL sinners - none of us measure up - all of us deserve damnation. Those who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior are the only ones to escape that fate. So, you were raised Christian and then what? Sounds like you've developed some doubts in your faith.
says Budwick on Dec 11th 17 (#2702701)
Reply | +2 | 2

Not necessarily. Even Jesus had doubts. "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?"
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702705)
Reply | +2 | 1

You think Jesus' doubted God because of that ? Who do you think He was talking to? And what if God had cut Jesus some slack? Made it easier some how, or sent angels to the rescue? Don't you think His crucifixion would have lost some intensity, meaning? He was after all dying for the sins of all people!
says Budwick on Dec 11th 17 (#2702711)
Reply | +1 | 1

"Father, why hast thou forsaken me?" (hmm) Sounds like doubt to me, and it's even more clear as to who he was talking to. Anyway, your opinion is that hell is eternal burning. Thanks for answering.
says OldRivers on Dec 11th 17 (#2702719)
Reply | +1 | 1

If He doubted God, why do you think He addressed His question to God? And, you're welcome.
says Budwick on Dec 12th 17 (#2702995)
Reply | +1 | 1

Something similar to trench warfare on the Western Front in WWI.
says PhilboydStudge on Dec 11th 17 (#2702734)
Reply | +5 | 4

Cold id my hell and I already live in Maine so it is always cold here.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Dec 12th 17 (#2702871)
Reply | +3 | 3

I'm a firm believer in Heaven and Hell. And if one goes to Hell it will be an eternal lake of fire, that no one can escape from. Pain beyond belief.
says StarzAbove on Dec 12th 17 (#2702881)
Reply | +4 | 4

That's the way I was brought up as well. Sounds a tad extreme though, for a loving, forgiving, and merciful God. Isn't it possible that the 'eternal lake of fire' is a symbol of something else? Some other form of after life punishment. OR, maybe true evil is created by Satan, and in the end, he gets back that which he created? I'm not disagreeing with you. Just interested in everyone's thoughts.I know you said "firm".(smile)
says OldRivers on Dec 12th 17 (#2702924)
Reply | +3 | 3

I am a firm believer, but it clearly states in the Bible that if one doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, they will be cast in the lake of fire. But if one doesn't believe then that's their choice. Yes, God is a merciful God, but he has given us free choice, and I'm sure what we do makes him very unhappy. I've often wondered why some have led such miserable lives, babies abused, but again, that's not for me to judge. And you're right, evil is created by Satan, and he wants all of us he can get. Also, this is just something I've wondered about, maybe it's Satan that has caused all the misery in this world....just my opinion.
says StarzAbove on Dec 12th 17 (#2703019)
Reply | +3 | 3

perhaps,we are all in HELL right now...
says RECRUIT on Dec 13th 17 (#2703160)
Reply | +4 | 5

Some truly are http://data.amirite.net/user_im...3171c0ee72.jpg
says Darkest_Serenity on Dec 15th 17 (#2704022)
Reply | +1 | 1

Perhaps..
says DW2 on Dec 16th 17 (#2704333)
Reply | 0 | 0

To be separated from God and have no way to find Him. Like stuck in outer space, or a huge vast blackness all alone...for eternity
says Jaxxi on Dec 14th 17 (#2703997)
Reply | +2 | 3

I Pray to God that there is a Hell http://data.amirite.net/user_im...318681fd85.jpg
says Darkest_Serenity on Dec 15th 17 (#2704023)
Reply | +2 | 2

Heaven and Hell is right here on Earth.
says Tiffanee on Dec 15th 17 (#2704024)
Reply | +4 | 4

Hell is repitition.
says DW2 on Dec 15th 17 (#2704106)
Reply | +2 | 2

And ok. For the sake of discussion. Hell for an immortal soul? Does a lake of fire and eternal burning sound legit? I personally think being confined in a too small box with nothing but 5 glow in the dark marbles for eternity would be just as bad. I guess the important part is the “for all eternity” part of it. Being stuck in traffic with no AC, on a hot day with only one radio station that plays 1990s gangster rap “for all eternity”. I would hope any God wouldn’t be that cruel. Though I could be wrong. :).
says DW2 on Dec 16th 17 (#2704331)
Reply | +3 | 3

I think I'm in Hell already. My soul seems to think so.
says ZonkeyBalls on Dec 16th 17 (#2704355)
Reply | +2 | 3

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.