Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Suicide Hotlines around the globe. OUTSIDE of the USA, please visit the International Association for Suicide Prevention online which provides a database of resources around the world. For Suicide Prevention Hotlines within the USA, please call 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) or text HELLO to 741-741 for free 24-hour support from the Crisis Text Line. Please pass this information on to people at risk - if you need clarification, I'll help you with that definition.
says PartyOfOne on Jan 11th 18 (#817545)

Good post! Hope it helps someone!
says Rooster on Jan 11th 18 (#2711504)
Reply | +6 | 6

Kind of you to say - thank you. I hope it has an impact, that the information is spread to potential at-risk individuals. One of our own at Amirite recently had a desperate need for help - I wish I had this information then. If you wouldn't mind, please pass this on to those you may suspect needing help with emotional trauma... I'd appreciate it and they may, too ;)
says PartyOfOne on Jan 11th 18 (#2711505)
Reply | +3 | 3

So shall it be. A very good friend of mine's sister committed suicide a couple of months ago and it's been hard on her and her family. I copied this and saved it. Thank you.
says Rooster on Jan 11th 18 (#2711506)
Reply | +3 | 3

You and her family have my sincerest regret for her loss of life - that she suffered so much to have felt that need is deeply tragic. I'm glad her family has you to rely on for emotional support. Thank you, also, for the copy and save - you may have helped to save a life by doing just that.
says PartyOfOne on Jan 11th 18 (#2711522)
Reply | +3 | 3

Nice PartyofOne.
says SynysterGates on Jan 11th 18 (#2711528)
Reply | +4 | 4

I hope this act of kindness helps someone in need.
says Carla on Jan 11th 18 (#2711611)
Reply | +4 | 4

I've been in that spot so I've a good feeling it'll be of help to an amiriter or someone they'd know. Thanks for your comment :)
says PartyOfOne on Jan 12th 18 (#2711634)
Reply | +3 | 3

Same here. Not proud of it. Glad there is help out there. Good post.
says MonaLea on Jan 13th 18 (#2711976)
Reply | +2 | 2

Thanks, Mona, nice of you to say :)
says PartyOfOne on Jan 14th 18 (#2712162)
Reply | +2 | 2

It's nice to see this posted. A lot of people hurt out there and can't say it out loud.
says MonaLea on Jan 14th 18 (#2712237)
Reply | +2 | 2

Nice of you to say - that you realize their serious need for help, it's my hope that you'll do all that you can to assist others who are in a bad place they'd rather not be in. Thank you so much!
says PartyOfOne on Mar 26th 18 (#2737896)
Reply | 0 | 0

Ya party - I hope you can save and repost when someone starts fussing on here - it happens so often, but i think they just want attention cause they are posting next day.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Mar 26th 18 (#2737683)
Reply | +1 | 1

Wanting attention is often a good thing; those who don't, or won't, reach out for help are at a much higher risk of suicide - I very definitely don't want that to happen. Feeling like you have nowhere to turn for relief is the lowest feeling one can realize. Thank you for your point of view, Lorraine, I appreciate your input :)
says PartyOfOne on Mar 26th 18 (#2737886)
Reply | 0 | 0

Anything that can help someone who is at a low point in their lives, I would welcome...we seem to be in a world where people can't always cope....
says JD on Jan 14th 18 (#2712249)
Reply | +2 | 2

Thanks for your input :) Just spreading the information that's at the top of your screen would be a big help :)
says PartyOfOne on Jan 17th 18 (#2713188)
Reply | +2 | 2

party - I think if someone wants to go they should be able to. They will keep trying so why prolong the misery.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Mar 26th 18 (#2737679)
Reply | +1 | 0

I've always held that death is permanent and striving to escape it is a far better choice, excluding medical certainties. Where mental illness is affected, usually there's a chance that things can be turned around, at least to some degree. In the end, things depend heavily on the level of trauma people can sustain - I'd never give the okay-go-ahead to end one's life; where there's life, there's hope, in my mind. Thanks for posting your perspective and for taking the time to care.
says PartyOfOne on Mar 26th 18 (#2737938)
Reply | 0 | 0

OK (beye)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Mar 26th 18 (#2737941)
Reply | 0 | 0

Good info for some of the people on here who ow and then post they are gonna bail out. Please post it again whenever you see them.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Mar 26th 18 (#2737681)
Reply | +1 | 1

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.