Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

There seems to be two types of government: those that can be removed without violence, I call those "democracies", and those that cannot, I call those "tyrannies". (+4)
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on Feb 6th 18 (#818006)
Agree (7) | Disagree (3)

Seems about right to me. :)
says Will_Janitor on Feb 6th 18 (#2721074)
Reply | +1 | 1

I really wish the person who disagreed would explain his answer
says DWF on Feb 7th 18 (#2721434)
Reply | +2 | 2

Is it "violence" to fire people from their jobs? If so, then democracies require violence to change. And I'm not talking about the elected officials - I'm talking about the bureaucrats.
says Walt_OReagun on Feb 13th 18 (#2723950)
Reply | +1 | 1

Not if there is no physical harm. They may hurt but they walk away healthy.
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on Feb 14th 18 (#2724180)
Reply | 0 | 0

If they no longer have a job ... they no longer have health insurance. So can no longer afford to go to the doctor and receive health care. Or they lose the ability to buy necessary medicine. Sounds like they don't "walk away healthy".
says Walt_OReagun on Feb 14th 18 (#2724272)
Reply | 0 | 0

At least no one lined them up against a wall and shot them, or guillotined them.
says ErasmusB_FurmanSmall on Feb 17th 18 (#2725661)
Reply | 0 | 0

Thomas Jefferson to William Stevens Smith: the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure. -- In other words, violent change is just as necessary to a democracy as it is to a tyranny.
says Walt_OReagun on Feb 20th 18 (#2726624)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.