Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Someone once told me that the definition of Hell is that “on that last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” The question is, who is the person you will face when your time comes? Will you have accomplished things that you wanted to accomplish? Would you have seen the things you wanted to see? Would you have experienced everything that you have always wanted to experience? I don’t know about you, but one of my biggest fears is feeling regret at the end of my life, knowing that I did not do all that I could have done. The average lifespan of a person living in the United States is 27,375 days. If you are 25 years old, you have 18,250 days left to live. If you are 50, you have 9,125 days to live. If you are 65, you have 3,650 days to live. How many days do you have left before it is too late to live the life you want? Despite the popular quote stating otherwise, there comes a time when it IS too late to be the person you could've been. I’ve got at most 14,600 days left to live my life, and I'm going to make them count by continuing to try to make a difference in this messed up world, traveling, reading books which make me think, spending time with people I love, and more. What do you want to do in the time you have left? If you died today, would you be satisfied with how you lived your life? (+1)
says vividlyprosaic on Apr 9th 18 (#818999)
(1) | (0)

I've accomplished most of the things I wanted to do. I've had a good marriage, good kids. I've traveled quite a bit, and there's no place I want to go to now. Of course that might change tomorrow. lol No one wants to die, but if I died tonight, the only regret I would have is not seeing how the rest of my family turned out. I'm a Christian, and a believer so I know I will be going to a better place, and what I have left behind won't matter one little bit.
says StarzAbove on Apr 9th 18 (#2743778)
Reply | +3 | 3

I'm glad you've done so much ☺️
says vividlyprosaic on Apr 9th 18 (#2743779)
Reply | +2 | 2

(hug)(y)
says StarzAbove on Apr 9th 18 (#2743780)
Reply | +1 | 1

I'm happy and satisfied with what I've done and won't have any regrets on what I might not get to do.. No one is guaranteed anything..not even tomorrow, no matter what age you are. I wake up in the morning, have coffee and do what I can...in that day.
says DandyDon on Apr 9th 18 (#2743787)
Reply | +4 | 4

You have a great attitude! (hug)
says StarzAbove on Apr 9th 18 (#2743790)
Reply | +2 | 2

Thanks!... (hug)
says DandyDon on Apr 9th 18 (#2743792)
Reply | +2 | 2

(y)
says StarzAbove on Apr 9th 18 (#2743794)
Reply | +2 | 2

hell on Earth? actually yes.... it was called the Battle for Okinawa the M1 Garand is an assault rifle in the dark of night thrusting a bayonet into a screaming maniac over your head while unloading a 8 round clip best be quick about because there are more coming at you the reason Truman dropped them bombs No more Okinawa's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfH2-9jjLHk
says Neanderthal_Momdoer on Apr 9th 18 (#2743806)
Reply | +3 | 2

there are places were the Angels fear to tread it's there, you will find Marines khe sanh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CVFsRQEQd8
says Neanderthal_Momdoer on Apr 9th 18 (#2743807)
Reply | +2 | 2

In somethings I've done more than I thought I would and in others I have come up short. I don't have any big regrets though.
says Will_Janitor on Apr 10th 18 (#2744374)
Reply | +2 | 1

Wudda, Cudda, Shudda. Spilt milk. Move on.
says Budwick on Apr 13th 18 (#2745474)
Reply | 0 | 0

I couldn't of made difference decisions because I will still have the same upbringing, influences and genes. I quite like myself anyway, I don't think I'm a bad person, I think most people are doing the best they can with what's available, and if we can throw a little humour in on the world no matter how bad it gets we'll get through. I've learned a hell of alot already thanks to those who think outside the box and don't follow the herd and I like to think I'm leaning more that way myself.
says Creamcrackered on Apr 16th 18 (#2746951)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.