Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Can you be a NASCAR owner if you’ve never fielded an entry in a NASCAR race?
says Zolfie on Jun 12th 18 (#820499)
Yes (4)
No (4)
Other (1)

The fact that they've never (yet) even attempted to get a get a vechicle into a Nascar race... I can't (yet) call them a Nascar team.
says Zolfie on Jun 12th 18 (#2777201)
Reply | +3 | 2

You can be just about anything, if you have enough money.. How long they will suck at doing it, until they have success?..
says DandyDon on Jun 12th 18 (#2777210)
Reply | +4 | 3

But they're NOT doing it... they're NOT even ATTEMPTING to qualify (at least not yet, they haven't). I can go signed up for the NFL draft (anyone more than 3 years out of high school can)... but if I don't even attempt to make an NFL roster... am I still an NFL player?
says Zolfie on Jun 12th 18 (#2777223)
Reply | +2 | 2

Being a player and being a owner are two different things. Obviously all it takes is money to make you a owner.. If it took money and having to qualify, they wouldn't be a owner. If you suck at playing football, no one will want you, even if you say you'll play for free.. If you suck at playing football but you're a billionaire, you have a better chance of becoming a owner.
says DandyDon on Jun 12th 18 (#2777241)
Reply | +3 | 3

You're right they're two different things, so let me take another, different shot at it. But as a sport team owner, doesn't one need an actual team that actually plays the sport in question?
says Zolfie on Jun 12th 18 (#2777245)
Reply | +2 | 2

I guess they do but over the years, there's been owners of teams...that have sucked for years, It didn't stop them. I didn't read the article. Are you saying she's a owner without drivers or a crew?
says DandyDon on Jun 12th 18 (#2777250)
Reply | +2 | 2

From what I can tell... which is limited... She only has a Nascar license (which gives her rights to use the number 6 in Nascar), two sons and a dream. She's been saying she's GOING TO run a truck (#6) since 2015, but long story short, it doesn't sound like she can afford the financial costs to do it. Early this year... she sponsored a different team to run their truck in a Nascar race with her logos on it (but that was a sponsorship deal, she didn't own it) and the company that did own it, said they had a 3 race deal which they were mislead to believe there was funding for. In other words, her Nascar team, MIGHT lack both a car and a team, but certainly lack financial funding. https://sports.yahoo.com/examin...183747673.html
says Zolfie on Jun 12th 18 (#2777258)
Reply | +2 | 2

It sounds like to me, her unplanned dream is going to run her broke. Should've picked something she knows about to throw her money at.
says DandyDon on Jun 12th 18 (#2777278)
Reply | +2 | 2

If you have enough money you can buy anything. Wish I wasrich
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jun 12th 18 (#2777211)
Reply | +3 | 3

But they don't seem to have the money, nor a Nascar nor a driver, nor a team... she only has a piece of paper that gives her the rights to use the number six on her car... If she had one. And yet somehow even without a car and without a team... She's claiming to be a Nascar team owner.
says Zolfie on Jun 13th 18 (#2777894)
Reply | 0 | 0

I would have a NASCAR team with strict instructions for my drivers to choose their driving style as they wish. It might be counter-clockwise, it might be the opposite. At least, the crowd would be pleased to see some great crashes.
says ZonkeyBalls on Jun 12th 18 (#2777362)
Reply | +4 | 4

What about zigzags? Those might be better than circles all the time.
says Zolfie on Jun 13th 18 (#2777895)
Reply | +1 | 1

NASCAR Musical Chairs Parking Lot Event.
says ZonkeyBalls on Jun 13th 18 (#2777898)
Reply | +1 | 1

Sounds like a good ol Demolition derby
says Zolfie on Jun 13th 18 (#2777900)
Reply | +1 | 1

Seriously get in there girl!
says TomboyJanet on Jun 14th 18 (#2778603)
Reply | +1 | 1

I think she still needs money, car, driver and a crew still... But somehow she's a owner already?
says Zolfie on Jun 14th 18 (#2778701)
Reply | +1 | 1

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.