Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Integrity is the hardest thing to prove you have, because the moment you start to tell others of your "good deeds", the ideal becomes moot. Keep doing the right thing, without expectations of getting noticed or praised, or keeping a record of such: then you will have integrity. Be humble, not dishonest, and don't criticize others for not demonstrating integrity. Be happy and focus on what you can do for others and yourself. (+3)
says Vrendowl on Jun 14th 18 (#820563)
Agree (7) | Disagree (4)

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
says Linnster on Jun 14th 18 (#2778431)
Reply | +4 | 3

You are correct in this. I was expanding on it without trying to regurgitate what most already know.
says Vrendowl on Jun 14th 18 (#2778432)
Reply | +1 | 0

Yes because it's about doing something, even if you really don't want too... even if no one cares ... or worse they're against it.
says Zolfie on Jun 15th 18 (#2778951)
Reply | +2 | 2

I've always found that actions speak louder than words anyhow. Just do your thing, if recognition is deserved, it will come and usually in some astounding ways.
says ForkNdaRoad on Jun 20th 18 (#2781680)
Reply | 0 | 1

There is nothing about the ideal of integrity that is cancelled by telling others about it.
says Walt_OReagun on Jun 20th 18 (#2781900)
Reply | +1 | 0

I enjoy your differing opinion here. Thank you for sharing. 😊 Also, I think there is as integrity is about doing the right thing when no-one else is looking, and doing so only to boast or brag later shows ulterior motive to make oneself look good to others, therefore, in my mind, cancelling out the whole no-one looking part.
says Vrendowl on Jun 24th 18 (#2783724)
Reply | 0 | 0

I think you are confusing integrity with humility. The definition of "integrity" is: 1: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. 2: the state of being whole and undivided. Often, part of having "strong moral principles" is letting people know exactly what those principles are and refusing to compromise them under pressure.
says Walt_OReagun on Jun 25th 18 (#2784271)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.