Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Twice now, I have heard a black woman say that black people can't be racist. I'm giving up the argument. If you judge people on the color of their skin, you're a piece of shit, even if you can't be a racist. You can be an worthless **** no matter what color you are. (+18)
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#821608)
Agree (24) | Disagree (6)

in this case I support people who have white skin despite my being a brown skin. any person who has white fair skin he she can enjoy being white skinned he she can take pride of their white skin. there is nothing wrong
says WonderMan on Jul 29th 18 (#2797425)
Reply | +3 | 4

These same people say that women can't be sexist. Like they decide what the definition is.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797426)
Reply | +3 | 4

haa ha ha
says WonderMan on Jul 29th 18 (#2797427)
Reply | +1 | 1

My main point is just that white men don't have a monopoly on being wrong. Everyone else is just as **** up.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797428)
Reply | +2 | 2

well I sometimes I feel very jealous of white skin ha ha :)
says WonderMan on Jul 29th 18 (#2797429)
Reply | +3 | 3

My skin is no better than yours.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797430)
Reply | +2 | 2

When I was a kid, it seemed like white and black people absolutely hated each other. I would hear "**" this and "" that and when I would try to socialise with black people I'd usually get a response in which my name is "White Boy." It's really ** up and I don't get it at all.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797431)
Reply | +2 | 2

some things will never change..
says WonderMan on Jul 29th 18 (#2797432)
Reply | +1 | 1

I sure wish they would.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797434)
Reply | +2 | 2

apart from our conversation whenever I look at your photo you seems to me an ancient guy ha ha from B.C. somewhere from Jerusalem hahaha and.. there is a nun on your fridge
says WonderMan on Jul 29th 18 (#2797449)
Reply | 0 | 1

I think you just called me old.(crs)
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797539)
Reply | 0 | 0

How does one reply anonymously? I am unable to access that feature.
says Budwick on Jul 30th 18 (#2797739)
Reply | 0 | 0

It's Wonderman. He switched the name after making the comment.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 30th 18 (#2797740)
Reply | 0 | 1

Oh, thanks.
says Budwick on Jul 30th 18 (#2797743)
Reply | 0 | 0

I wondered the same thing, how is that possible? and how did you know??
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797745)
Reply | 0 | 0

I know because it said Wonderman before it said Anonymous. I have no idea how because I've never even tried to anything annon.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 30th 18 (#2797748)
Reply | 0 | 0

Anyone can be a racist black peeps saying ALL white people are against them are usually racists.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 29th 18 (#2797438)
Reply | +5 | 5

Saying that a certain race of people cant be racist sounds as true as the Earth being flat and carried by 3 elephants on a turtle. I'm actually more inclined to believe the latter rather than the first.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Jul 29th 18 (#2797444)
Reply | +10 | 9

You get my vote for the obscure hindu reference :)
says ForkNdaRoad on Jul 29th 18 (#2797553)
Reply | +2 | 1

That was a hindu reference?
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Jul 30th 18 (#2797679)
Reply | +1 | 1

"carried by 3 elephants on a turtle" Close enough... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Elephant
says ForkNdaRoad on Aug 4th 18 (#2799570)
Reply | +1 | 1

Sunny on a turtle? Poor turtle. That is very funny, you make it up or is it a saying in your bunch.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797691)
Reply | 0 | 0

Im not on the turtle,the elephants carrying the planet are
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Jul 30th 18 (#2797692)
Reply | 0 | 0

Sunny: I knew that but I can see how it didn't look right in my comment.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797746)
Reply | 0 | 0

You're confusing me.
says Sunny_the_skeptic on Jul 30th 18 (#2797841)
Reply | +1 | 0

That sounds like another one of those excuses. That person probably believes it's okay for black people to call each other the N word....or that if it's in a rap song, it's okay. Saying...black people can't be racist. Is a racist, looking for an excuse to be a racist, without consequences. Anybody can be anything, if they put their mind to it. What makes the difference is how good or evil that mind is. Not what color the skin happens to be.
says DandyDon on Jul 29th 18 (#2797462)
Reply | +5 | 5

AH Dandy don you always get right to it.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 31st 18 (#2798200)
Reply | +1 | 1

I'm guessing that you "talked" to this woman on the internet. IF that's the case, the internet is toxic. That's all I can say. I get along fine with my black neighbors, male & female, which is about 70% of the immediate neighborhood. Preferable to most of the whites who are on house arrest for being **** offenders of any and all types. I lend a helping hand if they need it and ask. They will do the same. We are all people trying to survive. Otherwise we leave each other to our lives with an occasional smile and a hello. Of course, this is IRL. No media or internet to exploit, exaggerate, agitate or stir up trouble.
says HELLOwithSMILE on Jul 29th 18 (#2797520)
Reply | +1 | 1

You put the word "talked" in parenthesis. I never used that word. Also, you seem to have presumed that I don't get along with black people. Not the case.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797538)
Reply | 0 | 1

I murdered a prostitute ten minutes ago. Didn't check out her color. I'm thinking purple.
says ZonkeyBalls on Jul 29th 18 (#2797533)
Reply | +3 | 3

So why then, are we talking about skin color... again? Just curious?
says ForkNdaRoad on Jul 29th 18 (#2797544)
Reply | +2 | 3

Don't even think of blaming it on Trump.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797559)
Reply | 0 | 0

That was a question, not a statement...
says ForkNdaRoad on Aug 4th 18 (#2799571)
Reply | 0 | 0

Seems like a question with an accusatory tone to me.
says JerryHendrickson on Aug 4th 18 (#2799580)
Reply | -1 | 0

For future reference, mayhaps just check the end of the sentence. Is there a question mark or a period? It's a pretty decent indicator of which is which. But I would love to know how you mystically infer tone over the interwebs, I've been trying for years to no avail.
says ForkNdaRoad on Aug 6th 18 (#2800183)
Reply | 0 | 0

Okay, since you're grammatically challenged, I'll leave you the definition of tone. It's a word with more than one: tone tōn/Submit noun 1. a musical or vocal sound with reference to its pitch, quality, and strength. "the piano tone appears monochrome or lacking in warmth" synonyms: timbre, sound, sound quality, voice, voice quality, color, tonality "the tone of the tuba" 2. the general character or attitude of a place, piece of writing, situation, etc. "trust her to lower the tone of the conversation" synonyms: mood, air, spirit, feel, sound, flavor, note, attitude, character, nature, manner, temper; More verb 1. give greater strength or firmness to (the body or a part of it). "exercise tones up the muscles" 2. harmonize with (something) in terms of color. "the rich orange color of the wood tones beautifully with the yellow roses"
says JerryHendrickson on Aug 6th 18 (#2800188)
Reply | -1 | 0

I see you overlooked the definition of question while seeking some justification for telling me what I meant. On a post that asserts skin-color doesn't matter, asking why the OP brought it up is a perfectly valid question. And that is all it was, a question. I think it's **** hilarious that after accusing me of blaming Trump, someone I never even mentioned, you claim I'm "accusatory." That's rich. Perhaps you could look up psychological projection the next time you peruse the dictionary.
says ForkNdaRoad on Aug 9th 18 (#2801337)
Reply | 0 | 0

I didn't accuse you of that. I said "Don't even think of blaming it on Trump." You know why I brought up skin color. I obviously see a pattern in some black women thinking that black people can't be racist.
says JerryHendrickson on Aug 9th 18 (#2801339)
Reply | 0 | 0

What's the deal with downvoting a dictionary definition anyway?
says JerryHendrickson on Aug 9th 18 (#2801340)
Reply | 0 | 0

Whatever you say, good luck with all that...
says ForkNdaRoad on Aug 9th 18 (#2801342)
Reply | 0 | 0

Notice this definition? 2. the general character or attitude of a place, piece of writing, situation, etc. "trust her to lower the tone of the conversation" synonyms: mood, air, spirit, feel, sound, flavor, note, attitude, character, nature, manner, temper; More So I say again. Your words are in an accusatory and condescending tone. Glad I could teach you the meaning of a word. My gift to you. You're a little more intelligent now.
says JerryHendrickson on Aug 6th 18 (#2800189)
Reply | -1 | 0

'black people can't be racist" I've also heard that bullsh!t I got a new slogan: I'm not a racist, I hate everyone equally. ; )
says azlotto on Jul 29th 18 (#2797550)
Reply | +4 | 3

http://data.amirite.net/user_im...e13a217b6e.jpg
says MistressMom on Jul 29th 18 (#2797552)
Reply | +2 | 3

To those saying anybody can be racist: Black people can be prejudice, yes, but racist, no. Racism is systemic. In order to be racist, Blacks would have to have a system in place that degrades and makes inferior another race. Black people do not have the tools nor the power to systematically and institutionally oppress another race of people. When we acquire that power and we use it to oppress other races to uplift our own, then you can say Black people can be racist.
says BlindMist on Jul 29th 18 (#2797566)
Reply | 0 | 0

That's funny. The definition of the word doesn't say that: rac·ism ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit noun prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. "a program to combat racism" synonyms: racial discrimination, racialism, racial prejudice, xenophobia, chauvinism, bigotry, casteism "Aborigines are the main victims of racism in Australia" the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. noun: racism
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797575)
Reply | +3 | 2

That's White privilege talking, to think that the word for word definition of racism is the reality that people who suffer from racism and oppression experience. White people in this great country the United States of America have not experienced, on a national scale, an education system against them, a justice system against them, a political system against them. They have not experienced the inexplicable fear of police and losing their lives because they forgot to turn on a headlight. They have not experienced poverty to the extent that other races have experienced. They have not experienced getting fired because of wearing natural hair, or being the only person in the room with your skin color because you're the walking example that the job you're working at is fair to all. Looking at TV and seeing the token Black person who has the same personality as all of the other token Black characters on TV. Yes, you just quoted to me the dictionary definition of racism, but those who have lived racism know that it's so much more complex than that. Again, Whites in America do not have whole systems built against them. Building those systems and then locking out other races from advancement and using those systems to keep others in a suppressed state is showing the world your supposed superiority over other people. So again, Black people can be prejudiced. We can judge based on race, stereotype, and have preconceived opinions. We can have bias. We can even injure or harm on an individual level. But racism surpasses the individual level and enters the realm of systems and government.
says BlindMist on Jul 30th 18 (#2797787)
Reply | +1 | 0

That's BS. I just gave you the definition. Just being black doesn't give you the authority to change the meaning of the word. I don't have any privilege from being white. I can tell that this is going to be futile. I grew up poor in a neighborhood that was mostly black and black racism is very real.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 30th 18 (#2797803)
Reply | +1 | 0

Ok I hope you have a nice and fulfilled day. (smile)
says BlindMist on Jul 30th 18 (#2797805)
Reply | +1 | 0

I wish the same for you.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 30th 18 (#2797806)
Reply | 0 | 0

That is the thing Jerry - People want to use their own ideas of what a word means without understanding the true meaning. (dead)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 31st 18 (#2798202)
Reply | +1 | 1

Whoa! Look at all the wrong in here! Someone open a window and let some of the wrong out!
says Budwick on Jul 30th 18 (#2797741)
Reply | +1 | 1

Yeah, I was hit, called a honky, a white ****,etc. I was almost blinded with a fishing hook....but because I'm white and it was done to me by black individuals "it's not racism". That's not how it works. The dictionary says racism is hating and discriminating by skin color. They did.
says Trish on Jul 29th 18 (#2797606)
Reply | +1 | 1

I've been attacked also, so I get where you're coming from.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 29th 18 (#2797622)
Reply | +1 | 1

lol.
says AliceD on Jul 30th 18 (#2797658)
Reply | 0 | 0

In theory sure. When you judge people by the color of their skin you are acting like a racist. See you don't need to talk so rudely.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797687)
Reply | +1 | 1

It is a sad thing, black people just have it in their heads anything they do is ok because they are black. Not a true at all, anyone can be a criminal or a racist including black people.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797689)
Reply | 0 | 0

Jerry who was the woman? Just someone you know? If so why don't you ask her?
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 30th 18 (#2797744)
Reply | 0 | 0

Ask her what? I think it's widespread. Just look above a few comments and you'll see an amiriter named BlindMist. She's one that believes black people can't be racist, so I left her the definition....no reply.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 30th 18 (#2797751)
Reply | 0 | 0

Jerry - I will look.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 31st 18 (#2798197)
Reply | 0 | 0

Lorraine, It's a widely spread belief, not unusual. Here's a link to a Google Search with over 12 million results. https://www.google.com/search?s...15.sCbdW4NY1ds
says Budwick on Jul 30th 18 (#2797780)
Reply | +1 | 1

bud- just cause a lot of the militant poor me people put up websites, does not make something true(biggrin)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Jul 31st 18 (#2798198)
Reply | +1 | 1

Thanks Lorraine. I was not aware the the Huffington Post for example is among the poor militant. Quite an eye opener.
says Budwick on Jul 31st 18 (#2798274)
Reply | 0 | 0

I've heard some people say that too. According to the very definition of racism or "racist" I can sort of understand that assertion, because of the feeling superior to another "race" part in there. I have no doubt that people of all hues and ethnicity can be and are racist though, even sometimes when they don't purposely wish to be.
says Piper2 on Jul 31st 18 (#2798052)
Reply | +1 | 1

I personally disagree that black people can't be racist, but I do very much think you can't be racist towards white people because white people literally invented race to get ahead of anyone who isn't white. The definition of white has even changed several times from the inception of race to now. You can be a bigot or a mean spirited person, but race and racism can't negatively affect white people. I think black people can be racist by willingly acting as a vehicle for racism toward other black people, such as being a cop. also stop acting like the dictionary's definition of racism was written 1. before the discourse surrounding racism had gotten to the point where it is now 2. from a perspective outside of the academic approach toward race and society. But you probably don't actually care about racism and just want to complain about a couple black people being mean to you in your lifetime, so I'm sure the dictionary definition is all you need.
says Skr3wBall on Jul 31st 18 (#2798388)
Reply | 0 | 0

1st item of BS: "race and racism can't negatively affect white people." 2nd item of BS: You told me how to stop acting. You don't get to tell me shit. 3rd item of BS: "But you probably don't actually care about racism and just want to complain about a couple black people being mean to you in your lifetime, so I'm sure the dictionary definition is all you need." Who in the **** are you to tell me what I care about? The dictionary definition is the actual definition. Liberals don't get to change meanings in the name of political correctness. 4th item of BS: Actually? Absolutely everything in your comment with no exception. You might want to chill out on smoking that cat shit.
says JerryHendrickson on Jul 31st 18 (#2798395)
Reply | +1 | 1

racist means discriminating based on race/skin color, any human on earth can be racist. liberals hate white so they say only white people can be racist, which is pure BS
says deusvult on Aug 1st 18 (#2798793)
Reply | +2 | 2

True Jerry - yet 2 people a statement true does not make.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 13th 18 (#2810239)
Reply | +1 | 1

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.