Amirite?
now you can be right wherever you are.

Sorry to all you who have children. I never did intentionally. I’m all for Restaurants and other establishments who choose to be child free. (+8)
says DW2 on Aug 29th 18 (#822219)
Agree (11) | Disagree (3)

I've got four kids but they were always quiet and well behaved when we went out to eat but I still prefer going to child free restaurants because too many parents don't seem to have control of their kids or they prefer them annoying other people while they enjoy their good .....
says JD on Aug 29th 18 (#2806721)
Reply | +8 | 8

My kids never acted up in any restaurant, but I see your point. The last time we ate at IHop, one kid was running all over the restaurant, stopped at different tables and watched people eat, and the parents ignored all of it. The owner knew what this kid was doing, but did nothing about it. Maybe when that happens the restaurant owner should either throw them out or warn them....
says StarzAbove on Aug 29th 18 (#2806731)
Reply | +3 | 2

charge a fee for bugging other customers
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 8th 18 (#2809158)
Reply | +1 | 1

I have to agree with JD here. My kids were always well mannered when we went out but I have been to places where the kids are screaming and raising hell and the parents did nothing! I left because I enjoy a meal out in peace and quiet!
says Rooster on Aug 29th 18 (#2806765)
Reply | +7 | 7

Parents should be smart about knowing whether their children are ready to be brought to a restaurant. I do feel for parents whose kids act out unexpectedly, but in some cases, the only appropriate option may be to leave. In other cases, though, parents seem to regard their children's behavior as acceptable even when it's clearly disruptive to everyone around them.
says TheobaldHospitaller on Aug 29th 18 (#2806768)
Reply | +5 | 6

Well, all my kids are grown, but Mrs. Budwick and I both enjoy the company of children and probably would not avoid a restaurant simply because children are allowed. I DO understand the issue though, and I'm perfectly fine with a restaurant that has decided to cater only to adults. In the interest of full disclosure I should add that we're not big on restaurants anyway - don't often go, and certainly not to fancy places. Applebee's is considered 'high end' on our restaurant radar.
says Budwick on Aug 29th 18 (#2806779)
Reply | +4 | 5

There are good children you will never hear a peep out of. There are others that hit a decibel level while screaming that should be used as a weapon against hostile nations. Apparrently the parents of these children think this is simply normal and appropriate in public. They are also the ones who will stay in the restaurant three times longer than everybody else. I can only imagine what “home” must be like.
says DW2 on Aug 30th 18 (#2806885)
Reply | +5 | 5

dw look for that screaming right around 2pm. Everytime I am in a store you can just about set your watch by the screaming. Likewise is the nightly screaming around 6 pm when people are going out to dinner. We often went out and sat in the bar section just to be sure kids would be elswhere.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 14th 18 (#2810457)
Reply | 0 | 0

I took a 2 year old into a used bookstore within a minute or so, a tamtrum erupted pulling books an throwing books the floor I had her by her buster brown bibshorts (i'll be right back) told the kid shutup or I'll feed you to the bears back in I went, I picked up all the books the guy said....man I wish more parents were like you I don't mind kids those wo don't control their **** trophies I got a problem with them used bookstores have a scent all thier own just think if we all used cursive an drove stick shifts we could cripple a whole generation sounds like fun
says Neanderthal_Momdoer on Aug 30th 18 (#2806890)
Reply | +6 | 5

Lol!
says DW2 on Aug 30th 18 (#2806891)
Reply | +3 | 2

AHAHAHA **** trophies (o_o) Funny to read but even a simple cat can have babies - no prizes for those who selfishly want more of themselves in this world.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 2nd 18 (#2807758)
Reply | +2 | 2

don't compare animals to humans when having children...big difference...you say people are selfish if they choose to have more than one child..Lorraine do you have children? I do.. I have 4 beautiful children I gave birth too, 2 are adults with families of their own..My legacy, they last 2, one is graduating next spring, wants to be a teacher, my youngest graduates the following year, he wants to be an engineer..these children are my secret to life, they will carry on once I am gone. I couldn't be more proud of my children..your calling me selfish for having more children well then your god damn right im selfish and proud of it
says MistressMom on Sep 9th 18 (#2809296)
Reply | +2 | 2

No i have no children. not much difference get pregnant pop out an off spring.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 10th 18 (#2809549)
Reply | 0 | 0

it's not all that simple, a little more to all that but you wouldn't know about that
says MistressMom on Sep 11th 18 (#2809762)
Reply | +1 | 1

correct - I made the choice to never have kids when I was a kid. Don't see it as noble just a bodily function.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 11th 18 (#2809800)
Reply | 0 | 0

NM you have a kid? It is good you took care of it but what if the kid damaged a one of a kind special edition book? I really think all kids should have the wrist leash if the parent needs to control them pull them back and not so much damage if they are one handed.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 8th 18 (#2809160)
Reply | +1 | 2

my Responsibility until they learn right from wrong I broke a few windows as kid wasn't my parents who paid....was me in more ways then one my kid took a candy bar from Mike's store (not the name of the store) first I demoralized her, then her **** was taken care of she never took anything ever again nor did she do drugs not a teen prego holds a degree now and she's a concealed weapon's permit holder how's my parenting skills? not bad I'd say without getting a book with the baby
says Neanderthal_Momdoer on Sep 9th 18 (#2809294)
Reply | +2 | 2

ya but they would learn stick shifts and most don't want to read anything but texts . just force them to use clocks with hands - that is supposedly beyond them. (cd)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 8th 18 (#2809162)
Reply | +2 | 2

Where I work, kids and dogs are allowed and I like that. We don't get kids making problems. They tend to be polite and when we had some runners, no one seemed to mind. If they got in our way, they would apologise, and move out of the way. And actually, others costumers tend to start conversations with the kids. It's pleasant. The biggest problem I ever had with clients was only with adults. We get a group of farmers now and then to drink and they fill the path every time. Me and the girls have to yell every single time to pass through, because if you just talk, they won't hear you because they're so loud. And sure they move out of the way, but then they move right back to where they were. You do this with heavy plates time and time again,you pick up their glasses that they leave all over the place (when they bar is two steps away), and eventually you just want to throw the plates and glasses at their faces, especially because you have to avoid their arms. I lost count how many times I was almost elbowed passing through. The worst are the ones that straight up don't want to move at all. I had one of them leaning on the sliding door to behind the bar, and when I tried to open the door, he didn't move. I had to tell him to move out of the way two times because he ignored me the first time. And when I walked out a few moments later, he asked all annoyed "Why did you want to go in the first place? Are you even working?". We even had others costumers asking us if we're okay, noticing everything, and sometimes speaking for us, because the farmers kept ignoring us. Our Boss had to kick them out once. I hate working when they're here. Give me kids any day.
says Sofia on Aug 30th 18 (#2806957)
Reply | +3 | 2

Sofia don't you have any big men employees. Have them walk thru the irritating farmers with a table or something every few mins. It ALWAYS WORKS AT MY FAVORITE PLACE. cap lock not yelling(mario8)(mario8)
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 2nd 18 (#2807759)
Reply | +1 | 2

Selfish and ridiculous. Children have a right to eat,too.
says Trish on Aug 30th 18 (#2807100)
Reply | 0 | 0

So do spider monkeys. And business owners have the right of who they cater to in order to promote a peaceful environment to enjoy a meal.
says DW2 on Sep 3rd 18 (#2807958)
Reply | +2 | 2

I had a woman who changed her childs diaper at a restaurant in the booth across from my husband and myself. Disgusting.
says hootowl on Sep 2nd 18 (#2807847)
Reply | +4 | 3

OMG that is gross, i can't see the employees allowing that. Most bathrooms have a place for that - if not go to the car or go home!
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 9th 18 (#2809330)
Reply | +1 | 0

It was a Chinese restaurant.
says hootowl on Sep 9th 18 (#2809438)
Reply | 0 | 0

hootie seems the asian people are more patient with children. I have seen lots of kids almost trip the servers and they say nothing
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 10th 18 (#2809547)
Reply | +1 | 0

Choices are good. Even parents need a break from kids too.
says vox on Sep 6th 18 (#2808744)
Reply | +4 | 4

usually parents that want to get away from kids hire a sitter go to a nice place, not expecting to deal with kids running or yelling.
says LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred on Sep 9th 18 (#2809332)
Reply | +3 | 3

exactly.
says vox on Sep 10th 18 (#2809552)
Reply | +3 | 3

If I go to McDonalds I expect kids to be running around and making noise. If I take my wife to a nice restaurant where I will be spending north of $100 I would like to enjoy a quiet meal without undisciplined kids going crazy. I don't think that unreasonable. These posts are always interesting as people's opinions of how to raise children inevitably come out very strongly. :)
says Will_Janitor on Sep 14th 18 (#2810381)
Reply | +4 | 4

4 y/o was not behaving at a restaurant. Mom talked to him and he agreed to behave and then continued to be loud and naughty. No problem, I slung him over my shoulder and carried out of the place. He howled across the parking lot, into the lobby, into the elevator and down the hallway to the hotel door. Everyone was looking at me but at my age, I don't care. I just calmly said nap time and they all just gave me a knowing look of agreement. No child should be allowed to disturb anyone in public - ever. If a restaurant wants an adult only place it is ok with me but they may never get my money.
says ozzyboy on Sep 16th 18 (#2810878)
Reply | 0 | 0

Add A Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please login or create an account.